C2D WaterCooling Temps

aznken562

n00b
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
7
Hi, im new around here. This is my first attempted at OC'ing a C2D. I did alot of research and concluded that a 6300+DS3 would be a great budget choice.

Anyway, I also purchased a Thermaletake Bigwater kit for the system. The only thing in the cooling loop is the CPU. I use TAT to report my core temps. I'm sure you get these kinds of threads alot, but i just wanted to get an opion on how my OC is doing with these temps and if anyone thinks i can probably get more efficient / better results if i did something differently.

CPU: E6300
Mem: 2x 1gb g.skill DDR2 800mhz 5-5-5-15
Mobo: Gygabite xxx-DS3

Settings:
7x multiplier @ 433mhz
3.031ghz
Ratio: 1:1

CPU Voltage: 1.35v

Results:
3.031Ghz

Idle Temp: 40c
Load Temp: 51-52 ( I let load on both cores go for about 1-2hrs in TAT )
 
I think you are right, I got it to post at 3.4ghz with temps around 55-58 on load but running tests shows errors. Im guessing its the memory also. I can't really do anything above 3ghz without either it not posting or getting errors running prime95 (usually with 10-15mins)
 
Back
Top