Buy World of Goo for whatever price you choose!

spindoctor

Gawd
world of goo was one of the best indie games released in the last year. it's celebrating it's first birthday this week and the developers are offering a promotion where the customer can buy the game for whatever price they choose to pay.

more details - http://2dboy.com/2009/10/13/happy-bi...-world-of-goo/ (server is overloaded right now)

homepage - http://2dboy.com/games.php

goo.jpg

awesome gesture from the developers of a lovely game :)

I won't disagree about the quality of the game. I bought it from Direct2Drive a couple weeks ago for $5 to see what the fuss was about and enjoyed it. My kids still tinker with the tower.

However, after a year and after being sold for $5, who hasn't bought it yet? (Outside of the "arrrrrrgh matey" types.)

Awesome. I missed getting this on D2D. I seemed to be a little confused about something though... is this a digital download? Or am I receiving a hard copy? :D

Awesome. I missed getting this on D2D. I seemed to be a little confused about something though... is this a digital download? Or am I receiving a hard copy? :D

it's a digital download. the payment is setup as a paypal donation, and when it's complete, they will send you a link (at your paypal email address) to download a drm free digital version of the game.

it's a digital download. the payment is setup as a paypal donation, and when it's complete, they will send you a link (at your paypal email address) to download a drm free digital version of the game.

Thanks. I still haven't got an e-mail yet, but I'm sure the servers are going crazy as it is taking me 10 minutes to just get a page loading.

Thanks.

"Thanks for your order! Your transaction has been completed, and the Automated 2D Boy Email Friend Bot should have sent you an email with further instructions. Don't forget to check your spam folder! It should show up within a minute or two, but if it seems to be taking longer, you can always recover your message at any time here."

Last edited:
Thanks.

"Thanks for your order! Your transaction has been completed, and the Automated 2D Boy Email Friend Bot should have sent you an email with further instructions. Don't forget to check your spam folder! It should show up within a minute or two, but if it seems to be taking longer, you can always recover your message at any time here."

Yeah, I've been waiting for some time now... even after I've gotten my receipt and had it "resent." Still nothing. Just for the heck of it, I tried contacting them... but I cannot even get it off as the servers are going "bonkers."

I havent bought it or pirated it.

Is it that good?
like SicKlown42012, i also bought it about a year ago. it's a great little game to have fun with and i still play it from time to time, which i can't say the same about a lot of other games that came out recently.

I havent bought it or pirated it.

Is it that good?

Yes. Oddly enough, I've put more time into some of the smaller titles like this and Plants vs Zombies than I have many other high budget games this year.

This is a smart move, gamers often have wildly varying opinions on what indie titles like this should sell for, for something that is no more than a glorified flash game I wouldn't be willing to pay more than about £3, thats about $6 USD.

They've had their initial sales rush and probably covered the costs of the game already and this is a good way to squeeze a few extra sales.

Took me a while to get through, but got it for 5$. Seemed fair to me, that was the sale price.

Paid $2.00 for mine ya i know I'm cheap but there's a lot of other games out there I wanna play, Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention and thank you so much to the developers.

Paid $2.00 for mine ya i know I'm cheap but there's a lot of other games out there I wanna play, Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention and thank you so much to the developers.

That's what I was going to pay.. friends of mine keep bugging me to get the game, I figured I'd get it for $2 and tell them, and hope they don't throw rotten fruit at me the next time they visit. :D

Unfortunately the server appears to be completely dead. :(

i paid full price for this game wich was 20$, and i dont regret it at all.

For those who were actually able to "purchase" the game... have you received a download link/ e-mail? I still haven't even gotten a response.

For those who were actually able to "purchase" the game... have you received a download link/ e-mail? I still haven't even gotten a response.

I got mine right away after I purchased this afternoon. It took me a few tries to get the download link to work though.

I finally got through, got the email and the download within minutes.

definitely worth the 5 bux i spent on it a while back. Anyone who doesnt have the game should definitely buy it now

I bought this for $5 several months ago, and it was worth every cent and more. I think I'll buy a few more copies now just to give out to people.

I gave up waiting for my download link and just made a second donation. Received my link for that in a minute.

hahahaha i just got it for $.01 also. Ill prolly donat more if i actually like it.

Back