Buy or wait?

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
2,854
Hey guys I was looking for some input here. I am awaiting the new AM3+ socket for my next upgrade but, am suffering from the upgrade bug. I know the new socket will use ddr3r ram so, I was thinking about getting some ram now.

I found this great deal at a local shop which ends today Patriot Extreme Performance Viper II Sector 5 Series DDR3 4GB (2x2GB) PC3-10666 Low Latency $39.99 CAS 7 So, I was thinking I grab this today and wait to get a new mobo and maybe cpu in April or May when they come out. This way I spread the cost out.

Thoughts....?

TIA.
 
There are always good deals on memory if you look around. I'd probably wait and see myself and not just buy memory that I couldn't use, especially if I had no way to test it while it was still within the return period.
 
i typically find that RAM prices don't change much. I bought a 2gb stick of Patriot DDR2 667 RAM for $37 two years ago and it's still $32 on newegg.
 
i typically find that RAM prices don't change much. I bought a 2gb stick of Patriot DDR2 667 RAM for $37 two years ago and it's still $32 on newegg.

In between now and two years ago, the prices were all over the place :p
 
Most recently prices on ram are good. Lots of good deals. Right now seems to be a good time to get a good deal on ram IMO.
 
The PR dept. of one DRAM chip company said it expected the supply glut to be gone by May.

If RAM prices don't change much, why did 2GB x 2 Corsair DDR2 PC6400 XMS cost $15, after rebate, back in 2009 but shot up to $80 a year later but is now often <$50?
 
Back
Top