Buy now are wait

QKSILVR73

Limp Gawd
I am looking at buying a X38 Asus Maximus SE. Should I buy it now or wait till after the 1st of the year.THis is for a new system build and I really dont need it until the lower priced 45nm come out as well as a faster Nvidia card based on the G92. Any thoughts??

I am looking at buying a X38 Asus Maximus SE. Should I buy it now or wait till after the 1st of the year.This is for a new system build and I really don't need it until the lower priced 45nm come out as well as a faster Nvidia card based on the G92. Any thoughts??

It doesn't look like there are going to be any high end parts for a while. The 8800 was (is) brilliant but I think that 2007 is going to go down in my books as the most stagnant year in the GPU market I've ever seen.

But X38 is apparently over shadowed by an announcement by Intel (which I have yet to see myself) of X48( or whatever the successor to X38 will be named), and its arrival in the next little while (again I don't think there was a date other then soon). But thats pretty flimsy.

I'm also wondering why you want an X38 board over a good P35 board. Most P35 boards and certainly all from DFI (including the cheaper infinity ones) overclock like banshees (where did this term come from? I demand to know who saw a banshee overclocking/being overclocked)

but anyways, what do I think?

Buy now, not because I'm impressed by whats currently being offered, but because it doesn't look like theres anything to look forward to in the near future.

too that end however, prices will come down so its best to wait as long as possible in that regard.

I know, I know. from rumors I have heard the Asus Max SE is a limited run, but not for sure.

I'm also wondering why you want an X38 board over a good P35 board. Most P35 boards and certainly all from DFI (including the cheaper infinity ones) overclock like banshees (where did this term come from? I demand to know who saw a banshee overclocking/being overclocked)

Well I assumed the X38 is better/newer than P35. I also have had good luck , knock on wood, with Asus. Plus I like the water cooling option on the North Bridge which I plan on using. So I dont know. LOL

I know, I know. from rumors I have heard the Asus Max SE is a limited run, but not for sure.

Well I assumed the X38 is better/newer than P35. I also have had good luck , knock on wood, with Asus. Plus I like the water cooling option on the North Bridge which I plan on using. So I dont know. LOL

heh. Nothing but complaints about the Asus Striker.

DFI boards are about as pickey as they come (especially with ram, if you go DFI make sure no ones complained about your ram and the board), but they do have the best reputation for overclocking... and the pcie ports are UV glow in the dark badass :D (well at least on the lanparty series). But I dont know much about the newer series boards, only that X38 seems to overclock just as well as P35.

I want one :(

Back