Buy Corsair PS or other?

sasquatch182

Limp Gawd
I've bought Corsair Power supplies in the past but had problems with two recently.
What are the other good brands. Looking for something in the 600-750 watt range.

Thanks for any advice or information

Seasonic (makers of some corsair PSU's), Kingwin, OCZ, various others. There are always some good deals around on psu's as well so just keep an eye out for them.

Really need to look at PSUs on a case by case basis.

Personal suggestions:

Seasonic X series, Kingwin LZG/LZP, Rosewill Capstone, Cougar GX

XFX and Antec are also good brands to look at in that range of power.

Really need to look at PSUs on a case by case basis.

This. Since different models can be sourced completely differently, a given brand can go from having a great psu in one revision to having an untrustworthy one in another. Just curious what issues you had with the corsairs and if you contacted them at all...I usually hear great things about their support and rma service.

Corsair are my favorite brand of pretty much anything they make and I'll always try to use them as I've always had great service out of them. If I went with something else it would be Antec most likely with Seasonic and XFX also on the short list.

What's your price range? The XFX PRO750XXX is a Seasonic built semi-modular 80+ Silver that goes on sale for 80-90 bucks pretty often at NCIX. Well received at Jonnyguru (they reviewed the "Pro" which is the same as the XXX other than colours).

I would not hesitate to buy a Corsair HX750/AX750 if the price was right. Personally, I grabbed a Seasonic X-760 beacuse it was too good a deal to pass up ($119 no rebate).

I'd get the seasonic x750 if I were you. There was recently some ridiculous deal for like 110 on newegg, might still be there.

The PSU market is very competitive. If you've had issues with a particular manufacturer, don't hamstring yourself and keep using them, try someone new. When my Corsair TX750 up and died one day, I switched to XFX.
With so many options on the PSU market, I'm going to give a manufacturer one chance to earn my repeat business. Warranty or not, I'm not sticking around to deal with a company who's product failed me. I'm also not going to wait for them to mail out a new unit...instead I'll buy a replacement, warranty the defective part, then sell it upon its return.

Pretty soon I'll be replacing this XFX unit because I'm unsatisfied with the fan (mild ticking). As for what I'll get...not sure, but it won't be a Corsair or XFX :). The new Kingwin units look really tempting!

The PSU market is very competitive. If you've had issues with a particular manufacturer, don't hamstring yourself and keep using them, try someone new. When my Corsair TX750 up and died one day, I switched to XFX.
With so many options on the PSU market, I'm going to give a manufacturer one chance to earn my repeat business. Warranty or not, I'm not sticking around to deal with a company who's product failed me. I'm also not going to wait for them to mail out a new unit...instead I'll buy a replacement, warranty the defective part, then sell it upon its return.

Pretty soon I'll be replacing this XFX unit because I'm unsatisfied with the fan (mild ticking). As for what I'll get...not sure, but it won't be a Corsair or XFX :). The new Kingwin units look really tempting!

I'm sorry, but if you'll never buy a product again from a company that had an item fail under warranty, you're certainly going to run out of car companies before your driving days cease.

Such bombastic statements, yet such simple mindedness. Of course products fail...they're made by man, so inherently they will fail on occasion. The true question is how the company handles the warranty claim. Do they make you jump through hoops, take prolonged periods of time, etc.? Or does the company make it as painless as possible and as quick as possible. Corsair, in my experience, makes warranty claims fast, easy, and painless.

If you want to continue moving down the food chain of power supplies, more power to you. You've got one good brand left....Seasonic. Kingwin is still suspect with respect to their longevity. They're going to have to go some to prove out they're as good in that respect as Seasonic/Corsair/XFX units. While Kingwin test out well, durability is still a question mark and I for one won't guinea pig for them.

I've bought Corsair Power supplies in the past but had problems with two recently.
What are the other good brands. Looking for something in the 600-750 watt range.

Thanks for any advice or information

Which models and what were the problems?

I have currently 6 Corsair PSUs in various systems in my house. All of them are worked pretty hard on a daily basis and not a single hiccup, not once.

I have builder series,TX series, HX series and my personel system has an AX 1200.

Sure I've had Corsair memory go bad once in a great while, but their CS is absolutely second to none. I even broke a connector-cable on my AX1200 out of my own dumb-ass move, submitted a ticket to ask where I could buy a replacement, and got two new connector- cables in the mail.....free of charge.

I would buy a Corsair automobile if they made them.
I wish Corsair sold GPUs.......hint,hint......wink, wink.....

Back