Busted Mobo or Memory?

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
Hey all.. I just built a complete system from scratch and Ive been having issues with the following errors. 0x???????? 0x?????? so and so must be closed the memory could not be read. That would lead me to think I have bad memory sticks but they seem to pass memtest86. Is the mobo possibley bad or is this a driver issue?

Wow throw the guy a bone.

Hey I'll help you if you can help me fix the thingamabob under the whatchamacallit on my car. Okay dude

LKS

I'd try one stick at a time and see if that helps with your problem, or try them in different dimm slots.

do you get any errors at all with memtest? If so, it could be your memory. But as =lks= ka druma implied, you really need to provide more info (i.e is your problem during boot or in windows, is it a BSOD, etc.)

Lol... yea ok sorry heres a little more info

System Specs
-------------------------------------
AMD Athlon 64 (Winchester) 3200
MSI K8N Neo4 Plat SLI
2x 512mb PQI Turbo DDR PC 3700
EVGA Geforce 6800 GT x2 SLI
2x Maxtor 40gb in Raid 0

I have been having massive issues with this setup. Most games drop after load. Far Cry will play but eventually bogs down to a crash.
Every once in a while I am greated by a BSOD during boot up citing, si3132.sys as an issue.
The sticks pass Memtest86 and the system seems to be Prime95 stable In both the balance and cpu torture tests.

Whenver I close a program.. iexplore.exe for example I am greeted with this error

The instruction at "0x01e224e5" referenced memory at "0x01d623eo". The memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program

If you get the error when closing applications, then it's likely a memory error.

Back