Burnout Paradise update 1.1.00 is out.

Looks like a cars update, does this include the Legenday car pack? Can't find any real info on this! Downloaded it anyway! :)

Also anyone want to confirm if this is only for online play?

CARS UPDATE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PC - YOU WILL NEED THIS TO PLAY ONLINE!
If you already have Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box on PC, and you're looking for the Cars update, you can get it here.

EDIT: haha, [H] screws up the link from my quote

The update packs the content needed to unlock the Legendary, Toy and Boost Special vehicles--already released as paid DLC on consoles--once purchased from the in-game Burnout Store, and must be applied if players wish to engage in multiplayer.

Not sure what this means, does it mean I cant play multiplayer anymore unless I buy the unlocks?

i tried this game and hated it so much i stopped playing right away

BurnoutParadise2009-03-2723-18-48-3.jpg

this game is great. actually, whoever was mostly responsible for making a near perfect port to pc should win an award.

Yeah such a clean port, no problems here. R* take note.

picked this up today off of steam, and after some work I got it to start. My only problem now is if I hit escape the 1st "menu" comes up fine and I can scroll through the selections. If I hit F1 or F2 it'll lock the game up. I'd like to use my 360 controller, but unfortunatley I can't get to the Under the Hood section.

?? xbox 360 controller is seamless in this game, its fully supported- what menu are you trying to get to again?

Yeah 360 controller worked fine for me. I haven't heard of the game crashing from entering that menu, I'd contact support on that one.

Why is no other gamepads supported?
This game is trash until I get gamepad support. X360 gamepad isnt the only gamepad in the world.
I have 3 seperate gamepads, and none work with this game. Thats retarded.

This game is trash until I get gamepad support. X360 gamepad isnt the only gamepad in the world.

Works fine with my Logitech Dual Action controller. Just plug in and play.

Dont most decent gamepads for PC usually come with some sort of custom programming software? Or pick up a used 360 controller, I am pretty sure you can get a wired one for free if you ask someone you know who has had a 360 for awhile. It seems a bunch of people have a wired controller lying in their closet somewhere from when they first got the 360 but didn't splurge for the wireless version.

What gamepads? I've used to use a Sony PS2 gamepad without issue under windows 7 and vista. I then picked up a new XBOX 360 controller for $24 shipped from www.dealextreme.com which works, Its a bit nicer now that button labels show pictures of the 360 buttons.

?? xbox 360 controller is seamless in this game, its fully supported- what menu are you trying to get to again?

Issue on my end. 1st, I had the controller plugged into my monitor. Plugged into the motherboard and no more freezing. Second issue was the play and charge kit is only a charge kit on the pc. :p

Yeah its trash because of a minor issue....Fucking Christ. At least it has gamepad support at all.

this game is amusing on the pc. :D

I got it running last night, now I have my 360 controller working for it. But everytime I finish a new race (w/ the keyboard or 360 controller) the game locks. It'll go through the process of telling me I won (new cars available etc) and then it just sits at that screen with the music playing in the background. I can't alt+tab, esc does nothing. All I can do is three finger it and restart. I can finish a completed race and it will keep going just fine.

Yeah its trash because of a minor issue....Fucking Christ. At least it has gamepad support at all.

minor issue?!
WTF is wrong with you?

Playing a racing game with a keybord is retarded.
GTFO with that stupid notion. :rolleyes:

What gamepads? I've used to use a Sony PS2 gamepad without issue under windows 7 and vista. I then picked up a new XBOX 360 controller for $24 shipped from www.dealextreme.com which works, Its a bit nicer now that button labels show pictures of the 360 buttons.

Please explain how you did this.

I have a PS2 gamepad as well, but it is not detected at all in this game. Works fine with every other piece of software I have. I dont get it.

minor issue?!
WTF is wrong with you?

Playing a racing game with a keybord is retarded.
GTFO with that stupid notion. :rolleyes:

Sorry junior, but I've been playing racing games with a keyboard since the original Need for Speed. Just because you might suck ass at racing games with keyboards does not make it stupid.

Sorry junior, but I've been playing racing games with a keyboard since the original Need for Speed. Just because you might suck ass at racing games with keyboards does not make it stupid.

Uh no it makes you a moron.
Just so you know how dumb you sound....

Games that work FINE with ALL my gamepads:
NFS3, NFS4, NFS5: porchse, NFS HP2, RACE07, GRID, Trackmania, countless emulators, etc, etc.
Just in case you STILL dont get it, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE, EXCEPT THIS GAME.

Dont even bother replying, your "knowledge" is worthless. :rolleyes:

To use the PS2 pad you have to manually assign each control to a button, it isn't listed in the menu like the 360 pad is. It works with this game.

Uh no it makes you a moron.
Just so you know how dumb you sound....

Games that work FINE with ALL my gamepads:
NFS3, NFS4, NFS5: porchse, NFS HP2, RACE07, GRID, Trackmania, countless emulators, etc, etc.
Just in case you STILL dont get it, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE, EXCEPT THIS GAME.

Dont even bother replying, your "knowledge" is worthless. :rolleyes:

No, child, it means I actually can play them with a keyboard. Sorry if you're incapable of doing so, but not everyone is. Anyway if its THAT much of an issue, use Xpadder or something. Its not like the options aren't there. Only racing games I use a controller in are Grid or more sim-styled racing games. For pure arcade games like Burnout a keyboard is fine. I see no reason to use a controller with it. You are the fucking moron if you can't accept that people may like using a keyboard. Sorry if you can't accept that kiddo, but thats life. Accept it or kiss my ass.

No, child, it means I actually can play them with a keyboard. Sorry if you're incapable of doing so, but not everyone is. Anyway if its THAT much of an issue, use Xpadder or something. Its not like the options aren't there. Only racing games I use a controller in are Grid or more sim-styled racing games. For pure arcade games like Burnout a keyboard is fine. I see no reason to use a controller with it. You are the fucking moron if you can't accept that people may like using a keyboard. Sorry if you can't accept that kiddo, but thats life. Accept it or kiss my ass.

good job.
you succeeded in being the dumbest person ive met online in years.

why did you even reply?
stfu and go beat your fat wife.

good job.
you succeeded in being the dumbest person ive met online in years.

why did you even reply?
stfu and go beat your fat wife.

Wow look at the little baby unable to accept that people like doing things different ways than him. Seriously child, you are one of the most pathetic people I have ever seen online. Yes I enjoy using keyboard in racing games. Oh no, thats some holy travesty. Get the fuck over yourself. Yes I consider Paradise not having great controller support a minor issue. Big fucking deal. If you can't handle other people disagreeing with you and telling you off go live somewhere that you will never have contact with people. I simply can't believe how much of a fucking douche you are. You got pissy when I shared my opinion. Sorry, but I don't give a flying fuck if my opinion offends your pathetic ego. I'm not here to stroke the egos of petty little babies who can't handle being disagreed with. While you're acting like a giant brain dead douche I'm sitting here laughing at you. You're stupid responses are only making me enjoy egging you on more because you are fucking hilarious.

love the game. saddened by immature talk.

hey what are people using to talk in this game online? any old headset likely, but is the support built in the game for it?

love the game. saddened by immature talk.

hey what are people using to talk in this game online? any old headset likely, but is the support built in the game for it?

Yeah any headset should work. I use a cheap-o Logitech headset. It automatically turns on VOIP when you go online.

One of the best race games i ever played, gameplay and graphics wise, still didnt play much MP yet, but i hear the MP is also good.

Back