Bungie considering releasing Destiny on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised at the bitterness here. :confused:

I thought the gameplay looked pretty damn good. Like Boarderlands but more serious and on a much larger scale.

After seeing the video,I don't much care if they release it on PC. Seems like the same old linear run 'n gun play,which I'm bored with,Borderlands type graphics,which I never cared for,and those annoying name tags hanging over characters to tell the good from the enemies because they all look the same. Bungie is a one trick pony.

Who thought that horrible VoiceOver was a smart idea? Ruined it from the beginning, but the graphics didn't really appeal to me either.

It looks like a cross between Borderlands and Defiance. I'd like for it to come to the PC, but if it doesn't I'll just grab it on the PS4.

Screw Soulblighter, that's already a great game, it doesn't need any more loving. How about a remake of Myth 3 with actually playable controls and sound effects that don't sound like they were made in a weekend with a gag-comedian's prop chest? :)

Myth ... 3? After a quick Google search, I remember a little bit about this now... "Myth III: The Wolf Age" I cant believe I totally forgot about this game holy crap!

I ... I'm ashamed to admit (as a diehard Myth fan) I've never played it. Amazon prime dont fail me now!

After seeing the video,I don't much care if they release it on PC. Seems like the same old linear run 'n gun play,which I'm bored with,Borderlands type graphics,which I never cared for,and those annoying name tags hanging over characters to tell the good from the enemies because they all look the same. Bungie is a one trick pony.

but its not a linear game.. its an open world mmo, and it doesnt have borderlands type graphics its not even close to being a cell shaded game.

when people compare Destiny to borderlands its because its an RPG FPS with weapon drops similer to borderlands, graphically they are nothing alike.

if this is coming to PC then i might reconsider my PS4 pre order.

Destiny and Deep Down were my main reasons for wanting a ps4 but not having any info on a release date or more info in general on Deep Down i dont think i can bring my self to follow through with the PS4 preorder i have at amazon. and instead ill put that money into a steamroller cpu to replace my 8120.

im playing borderlands 2 right now and Destiny does look like a good replacement for BL2 with a more serious take on the story/atmosphere, open world, random loot, diablo 3 style personal loot drops so no ninja's.

Visually the game looks pretty good compared to other mmo's

hF67820D6

Three?

Myth ... 3? After a quick Google search, I remember a little bit about this now... "Myth III: The Wolf Age" I cant believe I totally forgot about this game holy crap!

I ... I'm ashamed to admit (as a diehard Myth fan) I've never played it. Amazon prime dont fail me now!

Myth 3 was not made Bungie. 3rd party studio and transitioning to 3d instead of sprite based in directx8 era. I think it was set in the wolf age before myth, didn't play it.

Prepare for disappointment. There's a reason I said that it needed the makeover instead of Myth II.

It'd suck to be a PC-only gamer. Buy a console and enjoy a game you can't play on PC instead of whining.

This game doesn't appear that it will warrant purchasing a console for, anyway.

I loved playing the beta, so it might be console buying material for certain people. I know I'll be getting it on day one w/ some PS4 game trade-ins. Might as well get a game I'll enjoy while getting rid of games I'm done with.

It'd suck to be a PC-only gamer. Buy a console and enjoy a game you can't play on PC instead of whining.

These days there aren't many console releases that don't make it to the PC. I've been a die-hard console gamer for my whole life, but I'm half-tempted to sell both of my consoles and stick to the PC. There's never been a better time to be an exclusive PC gamer considering how few console exclusives there are now. Destiny, Uncharted 4, and Bloodborne are the only 3 ones that interest me I can think of.

Or maybe I would rather play a game like this with keyboard and mouse and not a controller. Even if I had all the consoles I would still rather play this on a PC.

Pass. Let the kids keep their Halo MMO.

It's really not even that. It feels like a watered down Borderlands game with a mediocre multi-player component tacked on. I am really not sure what all the hype is for this game, unless there is a lot more left that Bungie hasn't shown us.

If this was a PC exclusive it would be F2P and no one would even be talking about it.

Or maybe I would rather play a game like this with keyboard and mouse and not a controller. Even if I had all the consoles I would still rather play this on a PC.

You can use a KB/Mouse on consoles now.

Idd prefer a Halo MMO over this. Destiny just looks.... Boring... It's like a futuristic dirt simulator. I wish I could get behind the artwork, but it's just generic, last gen and brown, no, brown is too exciting. This game is covered in a dusty beige... Like a 1990's computer. It looks like the game is covered in dirt... There may be redeeming factors in the music, or characters, or MMO-focused gameplay, but really... Dirt. Dirt everywhere. It's like someone left a whole bunch of sci-if props in Nevada and let the weather eat at them for a few years and then dropped in a whole bunch of faceless cyborgs to do battle....

Covered in dirt.

So much dirt....

But do the games properly support KB/Mouse controls? My guess would be no.

Playing the beta the menus felt like they were meant for KB/Mouse more than controller. Moving a cursor around with an analog stick felt very off to me.

Playing the beta the menus felt like they were meant for KB/Mouse more than controller. Moving a cursor around with an analog stick felt very off to me.

I would go as far as calling it a terrible design decision. It didn't just feel off, it felt slow, unresponsive, and in general made everything take far longer than it should have. There is absolutely zero reason any of that had to be done via cursor.

I saw some youtube vids where the gamer was genuinely impressed with the game but couldn't shake off the feeling that it is a game MADE for PC...I saw that in more than one video...

I've got to say..I am pretty proud of you guys. I'm hearing stuff like :
"Fuckers"
"Never forgive, never forget"
"Fuck em"
"Let the kids keep their Halo MMO."

And I say to you. Well spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back