BundleStars: SoM: Game&DLC for $14.99..

ccityinstaller

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey [H]ard crew,

This is the first time I have started a thread in H.D. that I can remember, but I wanted to drop some loving on BundleStar's deal on the entire Shadows of Mordor base game and all DLC for a insanely low $14.99!!!

I purchased the game at launch from Steam for full price, and it has been a wonderful treat to play. The game has been completely bug free for me from launch (rare I know!!), the combat is fun, the story is pretty good, and the visuals are amazing if you have a higher end rig..I am going to pick this up so I can get all of the DLC and just gift the core game to my 12 year old niece who fell in love with the game the first time she played it with me.

Decent deal. Ubisoft was selling the GotY edition for $12.50 back in Sept, and with the game being over a year old now, it'll probably see regular sales for >$15 as it marches toward the sub-$10 threshold. Might even be $9.99 next steam sale, but I'll bet on $12.99.

Note for anyone who hasn't played it yet: Shadow of Mordor is basically Assassin's Creed with a LotR skin. I was unaware of this when I bought the GotY edition (friends raving about it got me to bite). SoM is a fun game, and a huge improvement over AssCreed 1 & 2 (the only games in the series I've played). However, when compared to the Witcher 3 (or supposedly the latest Metal Gear V, which I haven't played), SoM is completely inferior. This is because open world games have changed forever, and SoM is a game stuck on the old paradigm of last-gen console design.

Decent deal. Ubisoft was selling the GotY edition for $12.50 back in Sept, and with the game being over a year old now, it'll probably see regular sales for >$15 as it marches toward the sub-$10 threshold. Might even be $9.99 next steam sale, but I'll bet on $12.99.

Note for anyone who hasn't played it yet: Shadow of Mordor is basically Assassin's Creed with a LotR skin. I was unaware of this when I bought the GotY edition (friends raving about it got me to bite). SoM is a fun game, and a huge improvement over AssCreed 1 & 2 (the only games in the series I've played). However, when compared to the Witcher 3 (or supposedly the latest Metal Gear V, which I haven't played), SoM is completely inferior. This is because open world games have changed forever, and SoM is a game stuck on the old paradigm of last-gen console design.

More like a LotR skinned Batman than Assassins Creed though. Your assessment of a game stuck on an old paradigm, etc. is complete nonsense. I read the quoted article. The only thing I got out of it was that the guy's opinion is that he likes the quests in the Witcher better than the quests in AC games because it furthers the story more than finding random items. This game is neither of those. It's primarily an action game. If you like Batman Arkham games and free flow combat, you will like SoM.

Back