• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Built-in Speaker wont work on PC

iYoYo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
260
I recently bought a new monitor that has a built-in speakers and TV-tuner. I believe speaker works on TV mode because the static image produces sound but when I use it for PC it doesn't work. It doesnt have a dvi port so Im using an HDMI-port which I know doesnt carry sound.It has "component-in" video ports(RGB) and an audio port(WHITE/RED). Im not sure what wires I need so I need a little bit of help
 
The HDMI port in fact does carry sound. I have a feeling your monitor has a defect or you don't have the sound driver for your videocard installed.
 
iYOYo please add your PC info to the signature so we can help determine were the problem is. Most PCs do not default sound to the HDMI port.
 
iYOYo please add your PC info to the signature so we can help determine were the problem is. Most PCs do not default sound to the HDMI port.

nvm, all is well. Ubuntu drivers were just incompatible.
 
Back
Top