Built-in Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of the week self-imposed deadline looks reasonable after tonight..

Beginning the final polishing process..

IMG_6373.jpg

Pledge + Furniture Wax + 320 grit sanding, in progress..

IMG_6378.jpg

IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_6382.jpg

IMG_6383.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6395.jpg

IMG_6396.jpg

that is simply amazing. i see the fraternity beer has stuck with you throughout the years. :)
anyway, did i see you sand against the grain there?

bored-sarcasm said:
that is simply amazing. i see the fraternity beer has stuck with you throughout the years. :)
anyway, did i see you sand against the grain there?

Yeah- beer is good for you.. unlike vegetables and sleep..

Against the grain under certain circumstances occurred. Mainly when I was drunk, and wanted to finish the fucker.. :eek: :D - jeez; you can only tell when I used the belt sander ... picky picky.. :D

well after i go through page by page i expect nothing less than perfection... :p

it is still a beautiful desk. i'm a fan of cherry finish too. i wish i had the time to do something like that. damn school. nice band saw too. :

bored-sarcasm said:
well after i go through page by page i expect nothing less than perfection... :p

it is still a beautiful desk. i'm a fan of cherry finish too. i wish i had the time to do something like that. damn school. nice band saw too. :

time... hmm..

I've been working on this 10 months.. (FEb 05')

And it's Oak dammit :D :D

unhappy_mage said:
Is the ceiling going to be cleaned up eventually? And I don't think we've seen specs for that computer yet...

But it's coming out just as beautifully as I anticipated. :cool:

Yea- I'm in the process of cleaning up my mess :D

jen4950 said:
OK- I'll bite.. how do you know it's a V-Gard?

Cause the company I work for makes them. Flip it over and look on the rim. It'll say MSA V-Gard on it.

I work in a different plant, we make gas detection instruments and other electronic instruments in our plant, but the V-Gard is very easy to spot. All the crew and helpers on that big Home Makeover show wear them too.

Mate you're amazing at woodwork, wish i had the skill to do that, must be so satisifing to be able to step back and look at what you've achieved.

PS. Loving the wonky lampshade :p

SarverSystems said:
Cause the company I work for makes them. Flip it over and look on the rim. It'll say MSA V-Gard on it.

I work in a different plant, we make gas detection instruments and other electronic instruments in our plant, but the V-Gard is very easy to spot. All the crew and helpers on that big Home Makeover show wear them too.

You'll appreciate my hardhat that I use every day- I've got a Skullgard, and painted it white with Polane; took it to Kinko's and got our company's logo, name and my name put on it with cut-out vinyl; and the clear coated it with an automotive clearcoat. Looks really sharp. I actually made about 12 of them for people around the office. Damn fine product.

Most of the people I know and work with only use MSA products; hardhats, fall protection etc.

Really nice desk setup :)

I think the best way to do it is to build your own, because then you get exactly what you want. I did the same and built my own desks (although not to the same scale as you own, lol)

Very impressed dude ;)

Beautiful Construction, truely first rate.

To bad the stain is so dark, makes it look cheap, also to bad about the location of the power sockets, they are a real eyesore.

But again, great construction.

Haha! I finished and forgot to tell you guys :D

Oh well- It's been finished for a while and working great- will post pics tommorrow-

Better late than never...

Here it is in use- (being abused)

IMG_7178.jpg

I'm going to dig up or make some good final shots over the weekend.

you know i could do that with the experience and my fathers help but it would never get finished it looks amazing.

Wow remember reading about this a while ago. Looks pretty good.

looks great, but had you known what you were getting into, would you have still done it? it took a great deal of time and some money I suppose.

if you had to do it again, what would you do differently? I see this as a mega-project

Really, really nice job.

I find myself just a bit jealous.... yeah.. just a bit;)

bumping this because we never really got some good final shots. I loved the worklog and would love this type of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back