Building My First PC

I went over my parts and the

GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X AMD Ryzen 3000 PCIe 4.0 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.2 AMD X570 ATX Motherboard

Is out of stock everywhere, at an acceptable price if you can help me find it somewhere at around 160-170.

You have picked a perilous time, since popular and inexpensive X570 boards have been decimated in supply. If you have a local store like a Microcenter that might be your best bet. Other than that, browsing Amazon and Newegg and hoping something comes in stock is your best bet.

You have picked a perilous time, since popular and inexpensive X570 boards have been decimated in supply. If you have a local store like a Microcenter that might be your best bet. Other than that, browsing Amazon and Newegg and hoping something comes in stock is your best bet.
I was looking around and I saw a couple around ebay which I don’t know if I should trust

An update so far I have purchased all my parts but I can't find the X570 board ANYWHERE. Should I just look for any X570 board? or stick to the Gigabyte?

The cheapest X570 board I can find online and in stock is $270, and that's more than you need to spend.

You've got a choice
1) buy any X570 you can find, likely overspend.
2) Wait for B550 or X570 boards to come in stock at more reasonable prices
3) buy a B450 board

Obviously you've bought everything else so you probably don't want to wait. If it was me, I would go with option 3 and buy an inexpensive B450 board. B450 lacks PCIe 4.0, which you aren't planning on using anyways, and has a "maybe / maybe not" upgrade path to Zen 3 based CPUs, but would be 100% functional today. Later down the line if your chose B450 board doesn't end up being Zen 3 compatible or you need some other feature of B550/X570, then you can replace it.

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-b450m-pro4/p/N82E16813157843 is $90 and in stock. I use its larger ATX brother the B450 Pro4 and have personally built systems using the B450M Pro4 and it's a solid board for a low cost. At $90 you can buy it now, and then later on pick up a B550 if necessary for a combined cost of less than today's X570 options.

The cheapest X570 board I can find online and in stock is $270, and that's more than you need to spend.

You've got a choice
1) buy any X570 you can find, likely overspend.
2) Wait for B550 or X570 boards to come in stock at more reasonable prices
3) buy a B450 board

Obviously you've bought everything else so you probably don't want to wait. If it was me, I would go with option 3 and buy an inexpensive B450 board. B450 lacks PCIe 4.0, which you aren't planning on using anyways, and has a "maybe / maybe not" upgrade path to Zen 3 based CPUs, but would be 100% functional today. Later down the line if your chose B450 board doesn't end up being Zen 3 compatible or you need some other feature of B550/X570, then you can replace it.

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-b450m-pro4/p/N82E16813157843 is $90 and in stock. I use its larger ATX brother the B450 Pro4 and have personally built systems using the B450M Pro4 and it's a solid board for a low cost. At $90 you can buy it now, and then later on pick up a B550 if necessary for a combined cost of less than today's X570 options.
Well, I originally just thought to wait it out. I signed up for multiple website for alerts when it's back in stock. Do you have a rough estimate when some will be back in stock? Because I am expecting most of my stuff to arrive mid June anyways so I don't have a need to rush. I just want to build to my own "standard". I am more than happy to wait for the part since I have been waiting more than a couple years to even begin building. I don't need a PC asap so I think I can wait, rather than using a B450 for a little while. What do you think?

I don't need a PC asap so I think I can wait, rather than using a B450 for a little while. What do you think?
I think that's a decision nobody can make but you. I don't know when stock will return to normal.

All I can say is that I'm running a 3700X on MY B450 Pro4 and I'm 100% happy with it. The B450 chipset will even receive Zen3 support, though it's up to each mobo vendor to decide to bring that support to any particular model, so I'm not guaranteed Zen3 support or anything. On the other hand, it's a $90 motherboard and if you use it for the rest of 2020 I would think you would get your $90 worth out of it, especially since if you did end up upgrading to Zen3 in 2021 and being forced to swap away from B450 that you could turn around and sell the board for at least something.

I think that's a decision nobody can make but you. I don't know when stock will return to normal.

All I can say is that I'm running a 3700X on MY B450 Pro4 and I'm 100% happy with it. The B450 chipset will even receive Zen3 support, though it's up to each mobo vendor to decide to bring that support to any particular model, so I'm not guaranteed Zen3 support or anything. On the other hand, it's a $90 motherboard and if you use it for the rest of 2020 I would think you would get your $90 worth out of it, especially since if you did end up upgrading to Zen3 in 2021 and being forced to swap away from B450 that you could turn around and sell the board for at least something.
I have some hope for a return to stock in Mid June as some alerts have said so. I agree with what your saying but let me take the night to think it over and ask others on their opinion. I don't mind waiting but at the same time, I don't want parts lying around for a month just waiting for a motherboard. I think I will end up buying the B450 but just unsure if that's the best decision for the situation because I have no clue I may buy it and within a couple weeks they come back in stock. And I know it's my decision and no one else but I'm valuing the pros and cons

A B450 motherboard doesnt support a full DDR4 3600 which is what my memory is, is that still acceptable?

All Ryzen memory speeds above 3200 are considered an overclock, even on the X570 ones. The motherboards don't actually have all that much to do with it - the memory controller is on the CPU, not the chipset. 3600 will be fine.

I think I just found something but wanted to check with you before anything.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T9PC9ZZ?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1 I found this for 216 which in current times is a "steal". It's and X570 and a bit of an upgrade from the one from the build. What do you think?

Edit: I forgot to mention it comes back into stock mid june around the same time my parts will be arriving and also says it'll deliver at appropriate times.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's a mini-ITX board, which is kind of a separate beast. Only 2 DIMM slots and obviously a lack of PCIe slots.

If you are going for a mini-ITX build, then it's great. If you're not, then you probably don't want a mini-ITX board.

So should i get it at 200
How about this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SVRZGMX?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
It is a ATX not an mini-itx, and has better price/shipping. Even if it isn't suitable trying to learn why!
That one looks better to me.
I think its good enough, just a bit more expensive that's all.
I just checked amazon and sure enough I was right.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQJZDTX?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
They posted the restock for all of them this is the original X570 gaming X at 169.99. Restocked on June 16.

Back