Building a New Rig Recommendations Plz

Well, instead of waiting for us to tell you about the driver issues with the HD 4800 series cards, have you tried just researching it yourself? You've had 4 days to look it up yourself.

Also, what's your reasoning behind choosing the P5Q Deluxe over the P5Q Pro?

so i take it nobody has any more suggestions :(

any body at all? im at the checkout screen waiting for couple more suggestions before i make my decision on video cards...... and thats the only thing stopping me right now....

so i take it nobody has any more suggestions :(

any body at all? im at the checkout screen waiting for couple more suggestions before i make my decision on video cards...... and thats the only thing stopping me right now....

I purchased a 4870x2 and returned it 2 weeks later.. driver nightmare..when it worked it was great though. drivers just need time to mature I guess, I went with a gtx 280 (be here in a few days) to replace it. Not sure if there is as much driver issues with the normal 4870.

-P5Q Pro - $140 (save the $60)
-Q9550 - $325
-Antec 1200 case - ~$200 (cuz thats what you want..... I'd pick up a antec 300 for $50 or a P180 or even an Antec 900 for less then a $100)
-Corsair 750XT - ~$100 (great PSU)
-Ram 2x2GB - ~$70 (Any quality brand will do from DDR2 800-1066) I bought this stuff a few days ago. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...31145&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-20-231-145-_-Homepage
-BFG GTX280 - $420 ($390 AR)
-DVD Burner - $30
-2x640GB Hard Drive - ~$170
-Heatsink - ~$50

~$1500 (should be less)

If you need OS, remove the second hardrive for OS.

so gt280? whats good about it? true that both have their up's and down's?

why don't you save your and our time by searching some reviews and judge for yourself?

You'll hear horror stories of both ATi and nVidia drivers, it's a bit of a gamble. That said, most of the recent driver complaints pertain to the 4870X2. There are some pretty good deals on both the GTX260 and the GTX280 around, if you can find a GTX260 for less than a 4870, it'd be the better deal since they perform about the same. Of course with an Intel based motherboard you could add in a second 4870 if you found one on the cheap, but you couldn't do that with the 260 since SLI wouldn't be supported.

Back