Build your own reservoir?

Discussion in 'Water Cooling' started by urbanlegend786, Aug 26, 2005.

1. thewhiteguy

thewhiteguy [H]ardness Supreme

Why does so many European water cooling setups have such... well... small tubing??? :confused:

2. LadyMakoFox

LadyMakoFox [H]ardness Supreme

I like my ghetto setup, it works and well I made it :)

3. qbackin

qbackin 2[H]4U

Do they make a res that fits in the 2 floppy bays?

4. Xylo

Xylo Limp Gawd

5. NewBlackDak

NewBlackDak [H]ard|Gawd

No you shouldn't. Then you'll be tempted to drink it instead of just draining down the sink. Then you'll want another, and another. You'll end up passed out on the floor with the can JB-Welded to one hand, and the lid to the other. This way you don't feel bad about dummping it for the mod!
    ;)

6. SpoogeMonkey

SpoogeMonkey 2[H]4U

Now that is a cool f'ing res. I'm not a big fan of Bud, but the whole nascar/auto parts theme is there. I had thought about something like that, but didn't think the aluminum would be sturdy enough tohold/seal the barbs. :cool:

7. LadyMakoFox

LadyMakoFox [H]ardness Supreme

lol Ttry explaining that one to the people at the ER.

8. JoeBoomz

JoeBoomz n00b

Yeesh, MrSlacker, you got me beat. Mawd props buddy, I REALLY like the can :)

9. biggerhammer

biggerhammer n00b

I have no pics, but I used a 2-gallon aquarium (with plastic fish) for a few years. The currents from the water kept the fish moving around, and I had the aquarium on a windowsill during the winter to advance cooling.

Now, I'm building a pedestal that will have the res, pump and rad all neatly concealed under the computer. Pics will follow some day.

10. Disarray

Disarray [H]ard|Gawd

Who you calling ghetto?

Here is my res:

[​IMG]

11. urbanlegend786

urbanlegend786 Limp Gawd

that isnt ghetto that is a masterpiece...dang that is hot how do you not like push your chair back and rip off the tubing i know i would in like a day((on accident.....maybe

12. bradyapba

bradyapba Gawd

dissaray.. do you have a pic from further away? i would love to see a pulled back shot!

13. Disarray

Disarray [H]ard|Gawd

14. ikellensbro

ikellensbro [H]ard|Gawd

Those aren't ghetto reservoirs: this is :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It worked just fine for the 5 days I had it running, and yes, I brought it to a lan while the loop was filled and set up :D

Right now I'm working on making a 1 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 8" lexan reservoir for my current project, check it out in the worklogs if you want, I'm going to get some more work done on it tonight.

15. SpoogeMonkey

SpoogeMonkey 2[H]4U

I love the rad shroud. :cool:

16. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Limp Gawd

O_O

making my eyes bleed in pain!

17. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard 2[H]4U

LOL..............don't look then.................... :D
    American water cooling is sort of like the way our military fought it's first wars in country, it wasn't pretty, but it worked and we booted the pretty stand-up boys out of the country............................. :cool:

18. ikellensbro

ikellensbro [H]ard|Gawd

Most (smart) people don't diy that much anymore, now that you can buy everything you need/want for a loop. I did it because I was really bored and cheap :cool: The total (of stuff I used) was about $80, and it cooled my old XP1600+ @1.7 at around 35-40*C, depending on the ambient.

19. AreEss

AreEss 2[H]4U

Screw that.
    Grab your welder. Grab a sample pack from OnlineMetals.com. DIY leakproof resevoir that'll take rediculous amounts of pressure. :D
    One of my old resevoirs was a welded 4"x4"x4" box. Welded on some threaded bungs, added plumbing fittings, ready to rock. I think I used 1/16" steel on that one; probably could've taken 200PSI+. Next setup will probably not be dissimilar. Maybe strap on some heatsinkish sorta things too, that'd probably look pretty nice.