Build your own reservoir?

Why does so many European water cooling setups have such... well... small tubing??? :confused:

Xylo said:
nice....but couldn't you have picked a good beer?... ;)

No you shouldn't. Then you'll be tempted to drink it instead of just draining down the sink. Then you'll want another, and another. You'll end up passed out on the floor with the can JB-Welded to one hand, and the lid to the other. This way you don't feel bad about dummping it for the mod!
;)

Now that is a cool f'ing res. I'm not a big fan of Bud, but the whole nascar/auto parts theme is there. I had thought about something like that, but didn't think the aluminum would be sturdy enough tohold/seal the barbs. :cool:

NewBlackDak said:
No you shouldn't. Then you'll be tempted to drink it instead of just draining down the sink. Then you'll want another, and another. You'll end up passed out on the floor with the can JB-Welded to one hand, and the lid to the other. This way you don't feel bad about dummping it for the mod!
;)

lol Ttry explaining that one to the people at the ER.

I have no pics, but I used a 2-gallon aquarium (with plastic fish) for a few years. The currents from the water kept the fish moving around, and I had the aquarium on a windowsill during the winter to advance cooling.

Now, I'm building a pedestal that will have the res, pump and rad all neatly concealed under the computer. Pics will follow some day.

J-Pepper said:
Why does so many US water cooling setups look so... well... ghetto??? :confused:

Who you calling ghetto?

Here is my res:

DCP_6927.jpg

that isnt ghetto that is a masterpiece...dang that is hot how do you not like push your chair back and rip off the tubing i know i would in like a day((on accident.....maybe

Those aren't ghetto reservoirs: this is :D

Log 6-23 003 (Small).jpg

connected.jpg

It worked just fine for the 5 days I had it running, and yes, I brought it to a lan while the loop was filled and set up :D

Right now I'm working on making a 1 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 8" lexan reservoir for my current project, check it out in the worklogs if you want, I'm going to get some more work done on it tonight.

J-Pepper said:
O_O

making my eyes bleed in pain!
LOL..............don't look then.................... :D
American water cooling is sort of like the way our military fought it's first wars in country, it wasn't pretty, but it worked and we booted the pretty stand-up boys out of the country............................. :cool:

Most (smart) people don't diy that much anymore, now that you can buy everything you need/want for a loop. I did it because I was really bored and cheap :cool: The total (of stuff I used) was about $80, and it cooled my old XP1600+ @1.7 at around 35-40*C, depending on the ambient.

Screw that.
Grab your welder. Grab a sample pack from OnlineMetals.com. DIY leakproof resevoir that'll take rediculous amounts of pressure. :D
One of my old resevoirs was a welded 4"x4"x4" box. Welded on some threaded bungs, added plumbing fittings, ready to rock. I think I used 1/16" steel on that one; probably could've taken 200PSI+. Next setup will probably not be dissimilar. Maybe strap on some heatsinkish sorta things too, that'd probably look pretty nice.

Back