1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Video and photo editing with Adobe suite products and sony vegas, Gaming (FPS's) higher end, web browsing email checking etc
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1000 - $1500
3) Where do you live?
Tucson Az
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is
not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I currently have 4GB DDR2 Patriot G series, MSI 240GT 1GB DDR5, Intel E5400 not oc'd, OCZ Stealth Extreme PSU 600W, ECS G41T-M Board, Sony optical Drive WD 1 TB Caviar Black HDD, other various HDD's but all older IDE... I just put this together because I needed something for cheap. but if any of this can/should be re-used thats ok, I'm also ok with scrapping all of it. I also need a Case, but one thing to consider is that it is important to me that this computer is quite. My last PC was so loud it was annoying to turn on(I should have went with water cooling then)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about
the power supply. List make and model.
See above (probably reuse the Caviar Black and the Sony optical)
6) Will you be overclocking?
Very Likely, unless it doesn't suit my needs
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have a Dell 30" monitor and also an Acer 23"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within next few weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I would like to set up a RAID configuration, but I don't know if the motherboard or seperate card is best for that.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I'm not sure on which OS I will be using and that is another question I have. Which OS is best used with the CS5 software? Don't include OS cost in budget.
I know this is a bit all over the place, but thanks in advance for the input.
Video and photo editing with Adobe suite products and sony vegas, Gaming (FPS's) higher end, web browsing email checking etc
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1000 - $1500
3) Where do you live?
Tucson Az
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is
not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I currently have 4GB DDR2 Patriot G series, MSI 240GT 1GB DDR5, Intel E5400 not oc'd, OCZ Stealth Extreme PSU 600W, ECS G41T-M Board, Sony optical Drive WD 1 TB Caviar Black HDD, other various HDD's but all older IDE... I just put this together because I needed something for cheap. but if any of this can/should be re-used thats ok, I'm also ok with scrapping all of it. I also need a Case, but one thing to consider is that it is important to me that this computer is quite. My last PC was so loud it was annoying to turn on(I should have went with water cooling then)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about
the power supply. List make and model.
See above (probably reuse the Caviar Black and the Sony optical)
6) Will you be overclocking?
Very Likely, unless it doesn't suit my needs
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have a Dell 30" monitor and also an Acer 23"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within next few weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I would like to set up a RAID configuration, but I don't know if the motherboard or seperate card is best for that.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I'm not sure on which OS I will be using and that is another question I have. Which OS is best used with the CS5 software? Don't include OS cost in budget.
I know this is a bit all over the place, but thanks in advance for the input.