build help, $650 budget

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
Haven't built a system since C2Ds were released. I still rock a e6400 release cpu, and 8 gbs DDR2.

I need to build a new PC that is around 650. Shipping and all +-50

I live in the US.

I need a case, psu, motherboard, ram, cpu

I have Harddrives,optical drives, keyboard, mouse, and montior

I could reuse my case, and my 8800GTX, but I'd like something that could handle some gaming. Not sure if the 8800 is still a valid chip for skyrim, cod, and BF3. I'd really like a new case as mine is a piece of shit.

I have a 28" 1920x1080 monitor

I have harddrives, lots of harddrives. My PC has mainly been used as an HTPC in the living room for the past 2 years.

I added a build to my cart for $668 for a an AM3 8core, 8GBs of ram, 650PSU, case, and gigabyte motherboard that was all black and sweet looking.

Seemed high for no GFX card.

Use will be 60% HD video player, 30% gaming, 10% remote managment/work

I could reuse my case, and my 8800GTX, but I'd like something that could handle some gaming. Not sure if the 8800 is still a valid chip for skyrim, cod, and BF3. I'd really like a new case as mine is a piece of shit.
You're definitely getting a new case and GPU then.

I added a build to my cart for $668 for a an AM3 8core, 8GBs of ram, 650PSU, case, and gigabyte motherboard that was all black and sweet looking.

Seemed high for no GFX card.
Thats because AMD is a tad overpriced at the moment. For a gaming setup, your best bet would be an Intel setup.

Please answer the following questions:
6) Will you be overclocking?
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?

Please answer the following questions:
6) Will you be overclocking?
no
pretty soon
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.
I'd like USB 3, and SLi/Crossfire
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
yep, 64bit win7 pro

pretty soon

Ok, can you please be more specific about this?

EDIT: Forget it, here's a build anyway:
$190 - Intel Core i5-2400 CPU
$115 - MSI P67A-G43 Intel P67 ATX Motherboard
$35 - G.Skill Value Series F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$213 - Gigabyte GV-N560UD-1G GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB PCI-E Video Card
$60 - Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W PSU
$50 - NZXT Source 210 Elite White with Black Front Trim ATX Case
---
Total: $663 shipped

Buy that PSU TODAY! It's on sale right now.

Back