Build for less than $1500?

I just received two computers I ordered from AVA direct that are very similar to yours, except I bought a Corsair 620 PSU and I'm very pleased... though I hope you bought a good brand one too o_O.

Just curious, what's the PSU they are including in that case?
I don't have a clue. I'd guess it's an Antec, but I really don't know for sure.
It's listed with the case just as a "450W PSU", but I'm sure that the folks at Ava Direct wouldn't build a PC with a sub-par power supply. ;)

I don't have a clue. I'd guess it's an Antec, but I really don't know for sure.
It's listed with the case just as a "450W PSU", but I'm sure that the folks at Ava Direct wouldn't build a PC with a sub-par power supply. ;)

They'd build it with whatever you told them to. Chances are it is a mediocre unit as all of Antec's cheaper ones are. It'll probably be able to cope fine for the time being, but the PSU is something that you should never skimp on in a system.

what was the total cost of each system including delivery and tax? How much was delivery?

what was the total cost of each system including delivery and tax? How much was delivery?

Delivery and Tax vary with your location, so my totals likely wouldn't be the same as yours. I'd suggest getting a quote from their website for the most accurate totals. :)

UPS just picked up the systems from AVA Direct today, and should be here on Friday if there are no delays.
Looking forward to playin' with the new PCs!

Definitely gonna be a big improvement over our current Athlon XP 2600+ rigs. :D

We received the PCs from AVA Direct last Friday, but I just now have taken the chance to update this thread.

Each system's specs (they're identical, and I need up update my sig...):
+ CUSTOM COMPUTER, Core™2 DDR2 Performance Series System 2
# ANTEC, Performance One P180 Silver Mid Tower Computer Case, ATX, 450W PSU
# ASUS, P5Q Pro, LGA775, Intel® P45, 1600MHz FSB, DDR2-1200 16GB /4, PCIe x16 CF /2, SATA 3.0 Gbit/s RAID 5 /8, HDA, GbLAN, FW /2, ATX, Retail
# INTEL, Core™ 2 Quad Q9550 Quad-Core 2.83GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 12MB (2 x 6MB) L2 Cache, 45nm, 95W, EM64T EIST VT XD, Retail
# XIGMATEK, HDT-S1283 CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Socket 775/754/939/940/AM2, 120mm Fan, Copper/Aluminum, Retail
# G.SKILL, 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz CL5 (5-5-5-15) SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
# VISIONTEK, Radeon® HD 4870 750MHz, 512MB GDDR5 1800Mhz, PCIe x16 CrossFire, DVI /2, Retail
# WESTERN DIGITAL, 640GB WD Caviar® SE16 (WD6400AAKS), SATA 3 Gb/s, 7200-RPM, 16MB cache
# RAID, No RAID, Independent HDD Drives
# SAMSUNG, Super-WriteMaster™ SH-S223 Black 22x DVD±R/RW Dual-Layer Burner, SATA, w/ Software, OEM
# MICROSOFT, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition w/ SP1, OEM
# WARRANTY, Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, 3 Year Labor Warranty)

And... Here's some pics and stuff . :D
(They're hosted on Photobucket, so don't be surprised if bandwidth is exceded)

Beware of Cat:
Box2_Cat_Crop.jpg

Opened box full of peanuts:
OpenBox2_Crop.jpg

Unpacked, just two boxes since I didn't order keyboards or other extras:
OutOfBox1_Crop.jpg

Quick shot of the contents in the Asus box:
AsusContents_Shrink.jpg

Unboxing the PC:
UnboxPC2_Crop.jpg

UnboxPC3_Crop.jpg

UnBoxPC6_Crop.jpg

Opened the case and found the inflatable packing:
OpenPC3_Crop.jpg

Removed the packing to reveal... A very clean interior:
Motherboard5_Shrink.jpg

Motherboard7_Shrink.jpg

Motherboard6_Shrink.jpg

And a shot of the cable management from the other side:
Wiring3_Crop.jpg

Then we got them to our desks and connected everything; I ran benchmarks, and installed a few games and demos to put mine through its paces:

System info... Very nice Windows Experience Index at a 5.9:
BasicInfo_Crop.jpg

CPUZ info:
CPUZ.jpg

3DMark06 - consistently over 14100:
3DMark06.jpg

3DMark Vantage - consistently above P8530:
3DMarkVantage.jpg

Installed Portal, WoW, Spore Creature Creator, and these demos (I played at 1680x1050):
GameDemos.jpg

Portal WoW, and SporeCC played very well with maximum settings, of course.
The Witcher played beautifully with all settings maxed.
Crysis played smoothly with everything set to High. (So, yes, it will play Crysis :p )
BioShock's gameplay and cutscenes were magnificently rendered.
UT3 was also .
The GRID demo played without pause, but I did use a lot of rewinds.

I'm quite happy with our new computers!
Thanks again to everyone who helped select parts and all. :D

Very nice :). Interestingly, your specs are almost identical to the parts I just bought (I picked faster RAM, a different case, and a better PSU).

NSP-450P4LF12? Could you take a macro shot of the PSU label? I'm just curious about its rails. Thanks for the other pics, too!

Back