Build for cousin

Rydawg5143

Supreme [H]ardness
I will be building a computer for my younger cousin and other than school work, he'll be playing browser games but he wants to be able to Digital COmbat Simulator. From the looks of the requirements, that game needs a semi decent computer. The only things I have are a case and power supply. Trying to stay under 800 but lower the better. What GPU and CPU would be needed to run this game?

Yeah that game seems like it needs a fairly beefy setup. If he was just doing schoolwork and light gaming, I'd have recommended something like a Ryzen 5 3400G. I recently built a customer a system around that CPU and they couldn't be happier.

You could probably throw together a decent system with a second hand Ryzen 7 2700x, I've seen them in the $150 range in the FSFT section. You can get a decent midrange B450 chipset board in the $100 range, 16 GB of RAM, an M.2 SSD for a boot drive and a spinner for bulk storage. You'd have a fair bit left for a GPU and monitor. RX 580s are going for cheap, and you may be able to find a deal on a GTX 1060 or 1070 and stay under budget.

Back