Budget watercooling build...

BrandonB

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
2,490
So I was thinking about getting back in to watercooling, but the first time I did it was a complete nightmare. I'm looking to spend under $500 and a new computer case to go with it (This 3D aurora is terrible for WCing). I was hoping someone could help me out on what I should get for that budget.

Relevant PC Specs:
8800GTS
Core 2 Duo E6850
EVGA 680i

All I really want to cool is my CPU, the GPU is fine on air.

Thanks!
 
if ur just doing your cpu then the swiftech kit is great...

4 left at Newegg as of 7:45am central time today...
 
Gotta admit that is a nice deal and should more than do the job. I would make sure you have a fan blowing directly on the cpu voltage requlator/heatpipes located around the cpu socket if you intend to go for a high overclock to replace the air movement lost from having the stock downwards blowing heatsink/fan.
 
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have the money yet but as soon as my Wii sells I will. So I'll see what I want to do then. :)
 
Back
Top