Budget E4300 moderate overclock board?

Whipsmack

Gawd
Not looking to get crazy on an overclock, just something simple to get me up to about 2.2ghz.

I purchased DDR2 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz Dual Channel Patriot PDC22G6400ELK

I have the DS3 revision 3.3 motherboard but I hate hate hate it...mainly because it was DOA and possibly friend my CPU with it. And I hear nothing but horror stories with it. So i'm going to return it and get another motherboard

Something that I know will be compatible with my patriot budget sticks. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I purchased DDR2 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz Dual Channel Patriot PDC22G6400ELK

Woah there cowboy, theres your problem right there and most P965 boads have issues, and the forums are full of people having issues with Patriot memory in particular, so while you heard a lot of stuff, you didnt pay attention to what was being said.
For example http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1168014

Capacity - 1GB
Speed - DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Cas Latency - 4
Timing - 4-4-4-12
Voltage - 2.1V
ECC - No
Buffered/Registered - Unbuffered
Heat Spreader - Yes

Get yourself a 975 based Asus, you deserve one.
(and there is probally nothing wrong with that board, put in just one stick, it might boot if you didnt screw up somewhere else. )

So are you telling me patriot memory is crappy?

WHAT memory ISN'T! crappy,,,, I don't think i've heard of anything without problems....

I still have time to cancel my order on this memory, should I?

Thanks

The Intel Bad Axe is nice if you want a 975 board (I have one with my 4300 and love it) but it isn't budget, or one of the Asus P5B versions if you want to go with the 965 chipset. I have a P5B Deluxe I'm selling in the for sale forum, hint hint. If people are having trouble with the Patriot memory you could switch to some G.Skill or the Buffalo Firestix and stick with the DS3 - people seem to love that board.

Get an Abit IB9 . I have one and I am running Patriot PC6400LLK in it and haven't had one single prob ever since I first hit the switch. I am sitting at 3Ghz on stock voltage with an E4300.

Woah there cowboy, theres your problem right there and most P965 boads have issues, and the forums are full of people having issues with Patriot memory in particular, so while you heard a lot of stuff, you didnt pay attention to what was being said.

A little irrational if you ask me. I haven't had a single problem with this memory at all. This is the second time I have had Patriot memory and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

you could try the old "boot with a 1.8v stick of ram --set the v-dimm to 2.1v--power down--swap in the 2.1v ram sticks trick on it" --rather than shit canning everything and starting over--:eek:

Back