Budget Build - $700 budget

AMD_RULES

2[H]4U
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Photoshop / Lightroom, Web Browsing, Music, Office, Web Development...
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$700 not including tax and shipping.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Pennsylvania - I live near a Microcenter. They seem to have good deals on CPUs versus Newegg.com
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, motherboard, processor, memory, ssd, hdd, power supply
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
SATA DVD Burner
6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes
7) 7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
No idea... I plan on getting a monitor separate from this budget - most likely a 22-24 inch.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next month
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Plenty of USB ports
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I have access to Windows 7 and 8 Professional x64 through school

Would like to note that I really want a SSD and a HDD in this build. SSD needs to be at least 80GB. Also I was leaning towards the Corsair 200R for the case in this build!

Thank you!

Any chance that you can wait until mid-June or mid-July for the release of Intel's Haswell CPUs?

I haven't been following hardware as closely as I used to... are these going to be a lot better? I can definitely wait until July if I need to!

I haven't been following hardware as closely as I used to... are these going to be a lot better? I can definitely wait until July if I need to!

They will be faster than current Intel CPUs, use less power, and come with faster onboard video.

That sounds perfect! I don't think I need a dedicated video card, since I don't game. Thanks for letting me know about Haswell!

I would for sure wait until Haswell since you are this close to the release date.

Back