Budget AMD build

techronin

Weaksauce
Current PC (been a while since builds :))
Antec Sonata III 500 Black w/earthwatts 500W PSU
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) PC2 8500
MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB SATA (Boot)
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB SATA
Win10 64bit
Dell 27” 1080p 60hz
Thinking of a $500 AMD budget build using existing case, psu, drives instead of cheap laptop. This build hasn’t had a ton of use and has plenty of cooling. Would mainly be used for photoshop, occasional rts.
This build from another thread looks good:

Think I would see a huge difference from current pc with this build?

pendragon1

Fully [H]
Think I would see a huge difference from current pc with this build?
massive.
the nice thing is you can probably just transplant your os drive, reboot once and be back up and running.
edit: re psu; if its from when you first put that build together you should replace it.

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
I said this in the other thread, if you're hard capped at $500, then look at a B450 motherboard and put the extra into a PSU or more video card.

techronin

Weaksauce
Thank you both for the replies. I’ll keep the mobo advice in mind 👍 Think a new 500 watt psu is big enough?

pendragon1

Fully [H]
Thank you both for the replies. I’ll keep the mobo advice in mind 👍 Think a new 500 watt psu is big enough?
no prob. i'll agree about the b450 too. use the savings towards a psu and you'll still be right around the $500 mark.
500450w is the minimum recommended for a rx 580570 but i always recommend to go 100W more. less load on it and gives you a bit of room to "grow".
edit: thought you were looking at a 580...

Ready4Dis

[H]ard|Gawd
I said this in the other thread, if you're hard capped at $500, then look at a B450 motherboard and put the extra into a PSU or more video card.
Or a cheaper B550... they are supposed to start at like $80, not sure you'll find a B450 much cheaper. I do agree though, you can cut a little bit of costs here and there and probably afford a little better GPU and/or PSU if you're looking to keep the budget low.

Edit: Also, good luck finding these for the prices you have listed right now though, may be a little while before they stabilize.
https://wccftech.com/amd-b550-motherboards-prices-unveiled-msi-asus-asrock-gigabyte/
Asrock B550M-HDV is listed at $79.99, unless it is really lacking some features or you can't use micro ATX for some reason and you can find a B450 with more features for less money I don't see a point in going B450 once these are out (again, unless there is a compelling reason, or absolutely no stock and you just can't buy them).

Ready4Dis

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, just as an example, not sure what the rest of the budget you needed was (HDD, case?)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wHh8cq

Something to this effect, no CPU price and the B450 I selected was $10 more than the B550 I was talking about, so this would end up pretty much exactly at $500 mark minus case and HDD. The 8GB RX 580 will give you much better gaming than a 4GB RX 570. Anyways, this is just an example with what I feel are decent quality/cost (I used your same ram and processor as you had selected). This isn't meant to be a buy this stuff, just a simple example of what would give you a bit more performance for your money.