Budget 2.0

do you have something to drive your speakers with?

based on their other products, I'd suggest Yamaha's NS-333's, although I'm sure those TSC's would be just fine (never heard a bad word about TSC in general)

Unless we know if you already have an amplifier, we can't really help. If you don't have one, active monitors are the way to go. There are a few quality monitors under $100 that we can recommend.

Don't have an amp. Those "few quality monitors under $100" would be great if you could recommend.

Thanks.

M-Audio's desktop monitors, KRK's desktop monitors, NHT's M-00's, Yamaha's desktop monitors, and I know for a fact I'm forgetting at least one or two

or, spend another $50-$100 and get an amp + passive speakers

obobski's suggestions are on the mark. Audio-Engine or Swan actives are great too if you can find them used in your price range. Or go the amp + passive route and be prepared to go down a hill of never ending audiophile upgraditis. :D

None of Audioengine's solutions are anywhere near his budget AFAIK, and only the Swan M10 are near $100 IIRC (and they keep going out of stock). Probably better off w/some of M-Audio's offerings though if you can stretch the budget a little bit you'll be far better off. The 2.0 monitors in my sig (Samson StudioDock 3i) can be had for $120 locally (so no S&H) if you can stretch it a bit, they're pretty great for the money imo.

Back