Buckyballs 45% off

Still way too expensive. Got two 216 sets on Woot awhile back for like $25.

Still way too expensive. Got two 216 sets on Woot awhile back for like $25.

With this I did 2-216 sets and it came to $41.20 total with free shipping. . . LOL thought you meant each. My bad

Still not too bad especially if you wont be able to get them anymore

They're just treading water seeing that they might get pulled off the market because people were getting injured and I think some died due to intestinal damage when they ate them.

To be fair kids will put anything in their mouths and these things are like 5mm in diameter.

I would imagine that you could buy an identical product for far less. You can tell bucky balls are a pathetic apple like marketing machine where they take a simple idea from someone else and wrap it in a designer presentation then sell it to business men on the sky mall for ridiculous markups.

I would imagine that you could buy an identical product for far less. You can tell bucky balls are a pathetic apple like marketing machine where they take a simple idea from someone else and wrap it in a designer presentation then sell it to business men on the sky mall for ridiculous markups.

Then why don't you take the reins and sell it for less? Oh that's right, you're just talking shit. My mistake.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12234.html

They won't be able to give these away for free soon.

HAHAHA... not the company's fault that the kids ate them.

That is like saying you can sue some company if a kid decided to drink paint from a can of paint... or decided to drink some other houshold chemical... like bleach.

So totally retarded.

It is the parents' fault for not teaching/instructing/diciplining their children. end of story.

Last edited:
Because I am sure that plenty of people do it on ebay. This is hot deals so I dont think people here want to spend extra money.

Here I will do it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/125-5MM-mul...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item43b04f5fe1

$11 plus free shipping gets you what the bucky balls sells for $30 plus shipping.

This was the one I was originally looking for... yep.. way cheaper from China.

Actually.. if you look at that link, it looks like those sets only come with 125 balls, not 216.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Actually.. if you look at that link, it looks like those sets only come with 125 balls, not 216.

Soooo...buy 4 sets for $44 and get 500 of them instead of 216?:rolleyes:

That is like saying you can sue some company if a kid decided to drink paint from a can of paint... or decided to drink some other houshold chemical... like bleach.

So totally retarded.

It is the parents' fault for not teaching/instructing/diciplining their children. end of story.

Actually, you can, unless said company puts warnings sufficiently obvious on the can of paint to meet federal and state guidelines. And you should be able to. Paint is pretty, depending on the color, and kids may very reasonably think "oh wow that's some neat orange juice" or whatever and suck it down and die. Now, if you warn adequately and the parents are still idiots and leave paint out for their kid to eat, that's not your problem... but you must warn. It's the law, and it's the law for a reason. Namely, kids are dumb as hell.

The colored sets on bucky balls only have 125, the 216 sets are more expensive. you can find tons of these on ebay for less than bucky.

Last edited:
Actually, you can, unless said company puts warnings sufficiently obvious on the can of paint to meet federal and state guidelines. And you should be able to. Paint is pretty, depending on the color, and kids may very reasonably think "oh wow that's some neat orange juice" or whatever and suck it down and die. Now, if you warn adequately and the parents are still idiots and leave paint out for their kid to eat, that's not your problem... but you must warn. It's the law, and it's the law for a reason. Namely, kids are dumb as hell.

http://www.getbuckyballs.com/safety/

And the boxes have always had a warning on them to "keep away from children"

So totally retarded.

You going to teach your pets not to eat them as well? Hmmm? They are fucking dangerous.
Get over it.

there are alot of things dangerous. Putting shit in your mouth that doesn't belong there is one. Hey lets swallow some exacto knives. That would be fun.

Stupid is that stupid does. The dumbing down of America. anyone seen idocracy? That's where we are headed.

You going to teach your pets not to eat them as well? Hmmm? They are fucking dangerous.
Get over it.

welp, let's put foam pads on every surface in the universe, and no manufacturing of anything smaller than a baseball, and most definitely nothing with pointy ends, because "they are fucking dangerous." :rolleyes:

What I was thinking was something like, your 3 year old gets them and starts sucking on them then swallows them. Maybe your dog, but in reality the stupidity is far worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ball-bearings-used-fake-tongue-piercing.html

The *really* bad part doesn't come from swallowing a couple already attached. It's when they are swallowed individually, say over a couple days at most. I don't think the people that are saying "well, teach your children to know better" (Or pets for that matter) really get it. Shit happens... but you don't need to help it along.

If you just want to mess around, buckyballs are great. But if you plan on getting several sets and building something rater intricate or large, then ZEN Magnets > Buckyballs. They are right around the same price but they are machined to greater precision, and have a higher quality finish with less defects and aberrations. I own sets of both, and what's shown in this video (comparison wise anyway) holds true. After buying 2 sets of each, I dropped 250 on the big set and the fun has been endless.

They even have a spinoff where you can get color balls over here, but it's in beta. Check out the gallery, some of the things people have made with the color ones are gorgeous.

Get over it.

Umm can't tell if serious or just trolling... but there are thousand's of things in an average household that are "dangerous" if you fucking eat them but you don't see any of them being pulled off of the market because some dumb ass couldn't be bothered to watch their kids.

If we pulled every single product off the market thats dangerous to ingest we wouldn't be able to live our day to day lives. This recall is just another case of lazy people wanting the government to step in and protect them from their own stupidity and sloth.

The *really* bad part doesn't come from swallowing a couple already attached. It's when they are swallowed individually, say over a couple days at most. I don't think the people that are saying "well, teach your children to know better" (Or pets for that matter) really get it. Shit happens... but you don't need to help it along.

If a fucking 13 year old can't figure out that swallowing two high powered magnets is a bad idea "especially when it says so right on the package" that's what we call natural selection.

Solution: Don't leave easily swallowed items in areas children too young to know better will be able to access them. Better yet, if you're a parent of one of these children don't buy magnetic ball bearings. I'm a responsible adult (most of the time :D) fully capable of playing with something without endangering myself. Don't punish me because your parenting skills suck.

Meanwhile the 409 cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, Pledge furniture polish and bleach are all still in many households. Not to mention knives, the stove, guns, etc. Teens have been huffing paint for years. I guess all these things should be taken off the market too since there are children that have injured themselves with them. :rolleyes:

It sucks having to be a responsible parent, doesn't it?

sane-clown-posse-20101001-203455.jpg

Umm can't tell if serious or just trolling... but there are thousand's of things in an average household that are "dangerous" if you fucking eat them but you don't see any of them being pulled off of the market because some dumb ass couldn't be bothered to watch their kids.

If we pulled every single product off the market thats dangerous to ingest we wouldn't be able to live our day to day lives. This recall is just another case of lazy people wanting the government to step in and protect them from their own stupidity and sloth.

How many of the thousands of dangerous household items are marketed as toys? Children put things in their mouth all the time and that is why there are regulations for items marketed as toys. All the people who say keep them out of the reach of children or keep a better eye on your children obviously don't have children because its not that simple.

These are not marketed towards toddlers and young children. You can sell guns, swords, mild explosives, and other items with just a warning "keep out of reach of children" but some dumb lobbyist went gun ho on these.

These are not marketed towards toddlers and young children. You can sell guns, swords, mild explosives, and other items with just a warning "keep out of reach of children" but some dumb lobbyist went gun ho on these.

Yeah the problem with that argument (one in fact they seem to have on their webpage) is that there was in fact a "toy" that was exactly what these things are just had a different name, now they're just saying "Well it's not a toy, it's marketed to adults now" that shit just doesn't fly. And lets be honest they are being marketed as "toys"... just to adults

I do however think the whole thing "government intervention" issue can go away if they simply put a red warning sticker on each package and make sure their webpage states these are not toys, and actually have it in an obvious spot not at the very end when you order.

Yeah the problem with that argument (one in fact they seem to have on their webpage) is that there was in fact a "toy" that was exactly what these things are just had a different name, now they're just saying "Well it's not a toy, it's marketed to adults now" that shit just doesn't fly. And lets be honest they are being marketed as "toys"... just to adults

I do however think the whole thing "government intervention" issue can go away if they simply put a red warning sticker on each package and make sure their webpage states these are not toys, and actually have it in an obvious spot not at the very end when you order.

It does. Its on the bottom of every page on the website, on a banner in the middle of most of the pages on their website, and explicitly says not for children on every page about the products. If you left them out for your kid to eat, then YOU killed your kid, not the company.

It does. Its on the bottom of every page on the website, on a banner in the middle of most of the pages on their website, and explicitly says not for children on every page about the products. If you left them out for your kid to eat, then YOU killed your kid, not the company.

That's far too sensible and sounds like responsibility. Let's just complain the company is selling dangerous things and get them banned instead. :rolleyes: Though I won't go so far as to say "If you left them out for your kid to eat, then YOU killed your kid." That's a little extreme.

When I was 3ish the light in the bathroom went out and I brought a lamp in there figuring I was doing something right. There wasn't a label on the lamp saying "don't bring into bathroom". Does that mean lamps should be outlawed?

If you can't monitor your children,
a) don't buy things that are dangerous if swallowed (small metal balls are obviously not edible)
b) don't have kids.
c) Don't leave small metal balls in easily accessible areas. High shelves, locked cabinets, etc are your friend.

But ermuhgosh I don't have kids, so I just don't understand. Completely forget the fact I've had this exact conversation with several people who do.

Back