BSOD IRQL_Not_Less_OR_Equal

Zarich

Limp Gawd
Okay.. so I upgraded to a gtx 670 recently. First one I had to send back because it whistled when doing just about anything. Second one doesn't whistle.
However, I was just playing some BF3 when the whole computer crashed and I got IRQL_Not_Less_OR_Equal error. I also found my computer had rebooted this AM, but I believe windows update did that. I played Bioshock for a couple of hours last night and have played BF3 the night before without issue. I don't know that it has anything to do with the video card, but that is the only thing I have changed. I had a 5850 prior.

My specs are
p5qse
Q9550 @3.4
Antec Tru Power 750
6 gigs buffalo ddr2 800
WD black
Win 8

I have never had this crash before today so I am a bit worried.

Does the BSOD give any information on what file is causing the crash? I was getting BSOD's on a laptop of mine with the same "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" message. The file it was pointing to had to do with my integrated wireless. I updated the drivers and haven't had a BSOD since. I had been using the older drivers for at least a year with no problems. I'm guessing some kind of Windows update triggered issues with those drivers and was crashing the system.

Back