• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BSEL mod underclocking???

thebeephaha

2[H]4U
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
2,054
Is there a way to use a BSEL mod to underclock a 775 CPU.

Specifically a Pentium 4 540 chip?

I am using it in a file server and I really am not using much of its 3.2GHz as it is but my server mobo can't underclock/overclock or anything in the BIOS.
 
It will depend on the motherboard more than the CPU. I am of the opinion you have a farily high chance of it working if the motherboard (wish I knew which one) supports processors of various buss speeds and you use a vaild BSEL from the same family of chips with just a lower FSB default speed. I know this sounds obvious but without specific details of the motherboard manuf and model and version its about all I can offer. I think it would be highly unlikely to damage anything if it did not work as long as you get the mod only on the BSEL pins but again a lot more speculation than I like.

I am thinking you want the mb to think the cpu is a 3.06GHz Intel P4 524 533MHz 1MB LGA775 . I am too tired to figure out what dropping the FSB from 200 to 166 would be but if you know what your mulitplier is, it should be easy enough.
 
Back
Top