BS 25,000 Point WU!

rusek

Limp Gawd
ummm...WTF?

25,000 point unit..but its not due to be done till May 2006!

229248-big.JPG

And this is on my 3.2 HT P4

I think your mis-understanding the "point" system. What your looking at it “steps”, it takes “X” steps to complete a “frame” and “X” frames to complete a “WU” or work unit.

Each work unit has an assigned value and expected finish date. Even in HT mode you should be able to finish that one in under 8hours. Some of the bigger pointers will take you 40 to 50 hours each in HT mode.

Luck

Just noticed I got one of these

p1406_Q44x2 in water

Talk about SLOW......I mean Damn!

Yeah, the first one of those I got was so slow I checked for problems with the boxen that was chewwing on it. did a complete test of everything and made sure that all other programs were off, up'd it's speed by 4 minutes, not really enough to tell. :D

It does seem to be slower on the PIII than the AMD, but that might be my imagination.

Protien: p1406_Q44x2 in water.
Time: 64:30:00, 62:15:00.
Speed: 2Ghz, 2.1Ghz.
PpHpG: 2.06, 2.03.

A very average protien.

Luck.......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

racercarl said:
Yeah, the first one of those I got was so slow I checked for problems with the boxen that was chewwing on it. did a complete test of everything and made sure that all other programs were off, up'd it's speed by 4 minutes, not really enough to tell. :D

It does seem to be slower on the PIII than the AMD, but that might be my imagination.

I had one of those on a PIII 700 and it took it I think 10 days to chew through it. Talk about a long wait.

Tigerbiten said:
Protien: p1406_Q44x2 in water.
Time: 64:30:00, 62:15:00.
Speed: 2Ghz, 2.1Ghz.
PpHpG: 2.06, 2.03.

A very average protien.

Luck.......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

That would of course be one of those average proteins that VJ needs back in such a big hurry, right? ;)

Back