After spending some time with Google, I was unable to find a "yes, Brink officially supports Eyefinity" thread anywhere. So I dug in to the ET:QW commands and figured out how to make eyefinity work with Brink.
The downside::
There's always a downside. Brink has a hardcoded 30 FPS single player cap. Brink also does not support Crossfire currently. That means when you use eyefinity (landscape) res's such as 5760x1080, the framerate is all over the place (atleast it is on my 6870). The framerate will dip as low as 15 in places but averages around 26.
As far as Crossfire goes, apparently AMD is working on adding a profile to driver 11.6 (read elsewhere on these forums). Until then, my attempts using Radeon Pro were unfruitful.
The upside ::
You can still use all of your monitors. Here's how.
*** UPDATE ***
I packaged and uploaded my eyefinity program. You can get it Here.
1.) open Brink/base
2.) create a new file called Autoexec.cfg
3.) Paste the following in to the new file ::
*Note*
If you JUST set the custom width and height, it looks horrible. The money shot is the ability to set a custom aspect ratio.
If you are using bezel compensation ::
Bezel compensation changed my desktop res, so I modified my config as follows to fit that ::
Notice that I changed the aspect ratio to suit the new custom width and height. Again, that's really the key.
Final thought ::
The game is actually kinda fun. It's a throw back to ETQW and I really liked that game too. Once the bugs are ironed out, this game will be worth the money spent on it. Let's just hope people don't get lazy.
The downside::
There's always a downside. Brink has a hardcoded 30 FPS single player cap. Brink also does not support Crossfire currently. That means when you use eyefinity (landscape) res's such as 5760x1080, the framerate is all over the place (atleast it is on my 6870). The framerate will dip as low as 15 in places but averages around 26.
As far as Crossfire goes, apparently AMD is working on adding a profile to driver 11.6 (read elsewhere on these forums). Until then, my attempts using Radeon Pro were unfruitful.
The upside ::
You can still use all of your monitors. Here's how.
*** UPDATE ***
I packaged and uploaded my eyefinity program. You can get it Here.
1.) open Brink/base
2.) create a new file called Autoexec.cfg
3.) Paste the following in to the new file ::
Code:
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_aspectRatio "-1"
seta r_customWidth "5760"
seta r_customHeight "1080"
seta r_customAspectRatioH "48"
seta r_customAspectRatioV "9"
seta g_fov "90"
seta g_swapinterval "1"
*Note*
If you JUST set the custom width and height, it looks horrible. The money shot is the ability to set a custom aspect ratio.
If you are using bezel compensation ::
Bezel compensation changed my desktop res, so I modified my config as follows to fit that ::
Code:
seta r_customWidth "6264"
seta r_customHeight "1080"
seta r_customAspectRatioH "29"
seta r_customAspectRatioV "5"
Notice that I changed the aspect ratio to suit the new custom width and height. Again, that's really the key.
Final thought ::
The game is actually kinda fun. It's a throw back to ETQW and I really liked that game too. Once the bugs are ironed out, this game will be worth the money spent on it. Let's just hope people don't get lazy.
Last edited: