• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bringing Back the Wise Relic

apHytHiaTe said:
We need a knoppix alterative to overclockix. Like one that boots up folding for *cough*apHytHiaTe*cough* team 33. If I knew WTF I was doing in linux, i'd set one up.... but i don't.

Agreed, but you misspelled the name. The correct way is *cough*poisonedpawn45*cough* :D

 
can't you guys get anything right, it's GT_Ronbo :D

PS, thanks Unhappy_mage, I couldn't get either your fold server, debian, overclockix or knoppix to run on my old gateway 2550 lappy without a display(I'm using an external monitor for like 3 or 4 boxen) cause all I can scrap up is 64 meg of pc-66/100 to make 96mb. I kept with it, d/l'd DSL, got it running, did a HD install, d/l F@H, and now that thing is folding a 1413 right now. hopefully the battery will kick in if the power goes off and I won't have to worry about booting THAT boxen anyway.

 
As the silence fills the room once more, does an errie feeling sweep the room.

An echo is heard from the mist, Neeed more Folders!, Neeed to wwoop Ocau's behind because we are taking the hill.

The lights flicker and my garden of boxen goes out, I'll be right back restarting the farm.
From the words of Relic: Shaddup and Fold.
 
Spoken in nature program voice from discovery or similar channel :

- As we walk through the vast DC jungle of on the northbridge of the MB penynsula(SP?), we discover a tribe wich is in mourning over a apperently lost treasure of some kind...

- This Relic as the natives here ;) call it is as I've observed is indeed a lost Relic used in the fight against another DC tribe on the southbridge...

- How will this tribe survive with out this Relic of theirs only time will tell...

Alternative is to read it out as Croc' Steve ;)

Anyways hope to se this relic guy back on the borads, from the tidbits of info i've seen here he seems like a nice guy :)

-E

 
I don't know why the old man left or when he's coming back but I can tell you this..... It's all his fault. ;)

He'll be back like he came back before. Patients. And for the new folders who don't know him, get ready, he's a heck of a guy and one of a kind. :)
 
Ronbo said:
PS, thanks Unhappy_mage, I couldn't get either your fold server, debian, overclockix or knoppix to run on my old gateway 2550 lappy without a display(I'm using an external monitor for like 3 or 4 boxen) cause all I can scrap up is 64 meg of pc-66/100 to make 96mb.
So it's not working because of not enough ram? I haven't tested, but once you get fold-server installed it should run on a tiny amount of memory (as long as it's not folding) - 32MB should be fine.

Could you just grab some memory from another machine for temporarily installing?

1.0 will be coming out soon, and it should be a lot more friendly. If you wait for that, you may have better luck. ;)
 
the only other lappy I had with any memory in it is also folding and I didn't want to stop it running :) As soon as it's sorry PIII450 butt finishes this work unit, I've got a trade lined up , a even swap for a dell 4150 1.7 ghz P4M :D that should crank out some units :) Looks like it's time to scour Egay some more :)

 
Ronbo said:
the only other lappy I had with any memory in it is also folding and I didn't want to stop it running :) As soon as it's sorry PIII450 butt finishes this work unit, I've got a trade lined up , a even swap for a dell 4150 1.7 ghz P4M :D that should crank out some units :) Looks like it's time to scour Egay some more :)


Wow you are so screwing someone on that deal.
 
got lucky is more like it. They need a lappy that will run win98 full screen, the 4150 has no video drivers for win98, plus I gotta do all the work of moving mission critical files, so they are getting a deal because anyone else would charge big bucks to do it :) I'm doing it for the price difference :)

 
Ronbo said:
got lucky is more like it. They need a lappy that will run win98 full screen, the 4150 has no video drivers for win98, plus I gotta do all the work of moving mission critical files, so they are getting a deal because anyone else would charge big bucks to do it :) I'm doing it for the price difference :)

Wish i could find deals like that.
 
Back again, One boxen down and one boxen to sacrifice.

I run to grab the mojo and open the bottle to prepare the boxen for Mojo.
I hear a chumping sound in the room, as I look around to see where the noise is coming from.
Midnightfreak joins the room unannounced.

The sound originates from the table, apparently someone is thinking about getting a date again.

I think we are making progress of getting the relic back for a day or so on. The crystal ball shows the stanford website and to the page where it shows Relic's cpu count going past 1,000. Now it then shows Relic at his house, going nuts at the cpu count rising.
 
Because God dosesnt give you that new RalliArt Lancer you want doesnt mean he doesnt see you or know what you want.
 
RedShred said:
Because God dosesnt give you that new RalliArt Lancer you want doesnt mean he doesnt see you or know what you want.

OOO...the all seeing...all knowing [H] Bard! :cool:
Thats great!

 
You have angered relic by offering a 486 boxen for sacrifice. You should be offering him the first fruits: a dual core A64 Xeon 3900+ P4 clocked at 4.25GHz!


u_45685
 
I can't wait till relic gets back and he'll lay the smackdown on someone.

"Cough Cough"
KodiakStar
 
Scorpionjwp said:
I can't wait till relic gets back and he'll lay the smackdown on someone.

"Cough Cough"
KodiakStar

I second that
 
Come on Relic! If I can bring my sorry ass over here to post once in a while, so can you.


;)


 
*Sits back, cracks open the first of a 6-pack and watches from the sidelines*
 
relic was a drunken( much like myself) hack. He's fallen so deep into the bottle, he can't manage a coherrent post anymore. We need a new bard, the old one is too drunk to be of any help. He used to be the man, in the old days. New times, new ideas, new blood. Kind of a shame. We could have used the knowledge of the old relic. The [H] flag has fallen in the field of battle, time for a stronger folder to pick it up. Any takers?

Relic, come lay the smackdown. If you ever sober up enough, to do so.

 
hahaha....

i not putting down my gun to hold the flag...

maybe we need a team to put the flag back up


 
No he is busy working in the daytimes and managing the renovation of a church.

The church has just but running cold water, it has nothing else.
And he told me that getting the volinteers to work and do their jobs is giving him a headache.

This is the reason why we have not seen him for a long time. Both jobs are draining him each day, and usually gets home at midnight each night.
 
That is wonderful news.

My attempt to get a good flame from the old fella, has apparently failed. His words, inspired me to fold for this team.

Glad to hear he's not laid up real bad, or worse.

Try to find out what types of materials are required for his project. I know some really good scroungers, that are always up for my hairbrained requests, if at all possible.

 
Good to hear he's alive, if nothing else. I haven't got to speak to the man, but imagine he has to be a hell of a guy if so many speak so highly of him. :)

 
mr_ouija said:
Good to hear he's alive, if nothing else. I haven't got to speak to the man, but imagine he has to be a hell of a guy if so many speak so highly of him. :)

I second that, I never talked to him either as I was a big time lurker when our times overlapped. Hopefully this means that once his todo list is done we'll be seeing him back. And then we can quit sacrificing the boxen and start using them to get him back to 100. ;)

 
OK, so it looks like relic will be back when he feels like it. That's cool. He's still putting out the points, so he hasn't abandoned us. Now we need to find Atomicmoose. We can't very well talk about kissing Moose and whatnot if there are no moose to be found. The last I heard he was expecting a baby moose right about now, but that was over a month ago. Here moosie moosie moosie...
 
Turn out the lights and look for the glow-in-the-dark antlers.
AMoose might just have his hands full right now too with a baby moose, or better yet maybe they've got meece! :)
I'm sure he'll be back soon too, he and relic always seemed to have a thing for each other... :eek:
 
...and once we get relic and moosie back, then we can tackle the great turmelle disappearance of '04.
 
Maybe Relic will pop in to reclaim the trophy from the roos.............. :D :eek:
 
pageian said:
Turn out the lights and look for the glow-in-the-dark antlers.
AMoose might just have his hands full right now too with a baby moose, or better yet maybe they've got meece! :)
I'm sure he'll be back soon too, he and relic always seemed to have a thing for each other... :eek:
I "heard" that..... :p
 
And who knew that those antlers were really antenna that picked up the DC forum posts... damn WiFi :D


Keep on Folding!!

 
OSUguy98 said:
And who knew that those antlers were really antenna that picked up the DC forum posts... damn WiFi :D


Keep on Folding!!

I am always tuned in.

You guys have this all wrong....BillR can attest, only good scotch can resurrect the Bard. :D
 
So your telling me to bring him back I need to:

A. Buy him some good scotch.

Or

B. Take him to a bar.
 
Back
Top