Bringing back the Lanboy - Socket A / 462 Throwback Build

iwhocorrupts

Limp Gawd
I built my first rig on Christmas Day in 2003, and while most or all of the hardware is dead and gone, the case is still with me today. I've decided I'm going to return it to its former glory.

Enter Antec Lanboy:

SA19IqP.jpg

My plans are to remove the 3.5" and 5.25" drive cages, make my own false back for cable management (since this case has none of that), and build a basic water cooling loop.

The core components on the way right now:

• Abit NF7-S V2.0 Motherboard
  • Athlon XP 2500+ Barton Unlocked
  • OCZ Platinum DDR 400 2x1GB Kit 2-3-2-5
  • HIS Radeon HD 3850 512MB AGP
  • 300GB WD Velociraptor RAID0

I'm no expert case modder or fabricator, so we'll just have to see how this goes!

Last edited:
I bet those abit boards are expensive now. I should have held onto mine and sold it :D.

Man that case brings back memories. Make me want to build up my Thermaltake Tsunami Dream....

cool and yeah holy flash back batman! I don't even know how many systems I built in that case back in the day, lots.

I remember having one of these back in 2003, I ended up ripping the drive bay door off of it because it annoyed me so much. Good case for the time though. Happy Modding.

Yeah, I had one of these as well. Thumbs up for the memories, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Also one vote for OG.

Abit NF7-S V2.0. That brings back some memories. Looking forward to watching the rest of your build. Thanks for sharing.

[edit]
Viewing an NF7 on Ebay. Basically stripped down version without SATA or RAID.
I remember you could easily tell V1.0 from V2.0 by the 20-pin header orientation.

Abit were great boards. Too bad the company fell prey to embezzlement.

Last edited:
Oh man, I am strangely jealous re: the Abit NF7-S V2.0. That was easily one of my favorite boards, ever.

Good luck, have fun, can't wait to see it!!

Back