Brilliant Stop-Motion Ad Tells The History Of Honda With Paper And Hands

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
How long did they take to make this? Pretty awesome way to show six decades of innovation.

The ad is constructed from thousands of paper illustrations stitched together with stop-motion filming. It was shot on large table — acting almost like a physical map of the company's history — and the pages are flipped and swapped out by hand in thousands of separate shots. The focus on paper and illustration is a clever way to make us appreciate what engineers and manufacturers do: bring ideas on paper to life.

They're missing a style of vehicles they help make.

ricerocket.jpg

Saw this commercial watching football today. It is quite mesmerizing, was actually pretty excited to see a it here on the [H].

They're missing a style of vehicles they help make.

ricerocket.jpg

Anyone else remember the 90s when those kind of things were everywhere? I loved when people would invest more in goofy spoilers, ground effects, and rims than the car was worth in the first place.

On a side note, the new civic type R is a pretty impressive engineering feat.

I assume at the end of the ad the paper slows to a crawl and catches fire at which point a very regretful Fernando Alonso pushes the paper back into the pits.

My biggest honda memory is a friends Super-90 Motorcycle he had in the 70's. We beat the living sit out of that thing and it just could not be killed.

Another friend had a QA50. A tiny little thing. It started burning so much oil, he just gave it to me.

I ran it on pure STP oil treatment for 2 months before it finally blew up LOL

I had a 1980 Honda Civic just like the first one they showed. That little car was tons of fun even with a ~55 hp 1.3 liter 4 cylinder and a 4 speed.

I don't care that was an ad.

That was rad as fuck.

Back