Bravely Default 3DS

Some commentary if you've made it up to the final chapter.
I kinda hated going through the game over and over and over again. I get the story explanation, but there is a lot of repetition in the end game. I like fighting the combinations of jobs the last time, but do i really have to run through everything 4 times to get there? Felt a lot like a filler

Where a FAIRY FLIES

Brilliant!

Max 99 all jobs mastered. Growth egg/Golden egg combo and finishing up chapter 5 now. Any on the friends list should see a 9999 sonic wave attack from me.

Made a few changes

All characters level 40

Tiz is now a Level 9 Pirate / Sword Caster
Edea is now a level 9 Valkyrie / Knight
Ringabel is now a level 8 Ranger / Theif
Agnes is now a level 9 Red Mage / Summoner

But Agnes I'm not 100% positive I want to keep that way, I might make her a Performer / Summoner or a Performer / WhiteMage and go the 100% Support Route.

Mostly through Chapter 3 now, I just finished up the Mythril Mines

Max 99 all jobs mastered. Growth egg/Golden egg combo and finishing up chapter 5 now. Any on the friends list should see a 9999 sonic wave attack from me.

Just a FYI, but if you use the Bravely Second during battle (the start button) you can break the 9999 damage barrier. Sending that can give you a power level in the hundred of thousands.

Just a FYI, but if you use the Bravely Second during battle (the start button) you can break the 9999 damage barrier. Sending that can give you a power level in the hundred of thousands.

Any thoughts on Agnes going Performer / Whitemage?

Went ahead a did a few more class changes

Tiz is now Ninja/Swordmaster
Agnes is now Valk/Spell Fencer
Ring is Ranger/Thief as before
Agnes is now RedMage/Performer

Just finished beating Victor and Victoria, dear god, I gotto say, Victoria kicked my arse hardcore, but I finally beat them.

Last edited:
My current Max lvl/Job team is:
Tiz Knight/Templar
Agnes Spiritmaster/White Mage
Ringabell Arcanist/Black Mage
Edea Knight/Templar

The reason Tiz and Edea are the same class is for high Physical and Magical defense with double shields equipped and Super Charge spam. Right now Tiz has the better shields so he is the main attacker while Edea uses Rampart and attacks every now and then.

Agnes as a Spiritmaster with White magic keeps everyone alive and can stop a fight for two turns with Stillness if needed to regen BP (also boosts Ringabell's elemental dmg). And if the fight calls for it can keep everyone elemental/status effect immune.

Ringabell as Arcanist is mostly for the Poison/Annihilation combo but will cast elemental weakness spells if the enemy is Poison/Dark immune.

My current game progress is right before unlocking the last class job but I have yet to switch jobs with my current setup that I have been rocking since Chapter 5. I'm not 1 turn killing bosses but I feel my setup offers a good mix of damage and survivability. This might change on the final bosses (Ringabell is probably the weakest link).

Edit: Just beat the lvl 99 nemesis Ba'al; Turtle Dove. Kept my party the same but changed Ringabell to Time Mage/White Mage to cast Reraise and spam Aeroga. Took 2 tries and 6 or 7 Turbo Ethers but I downed him and got the bun that gives all stats. Very cool fight BTW with the Love status ailment.

Last edited:
Just sent up a 436k damage attack. All maxed in ch. 7 now and stole all gear from the bosses. I'm now trying to collect genomes and filling up the bestiary/weapons.

Finally got party wiped when I fought my first dragon for the vampire side quest, I am thinking I may need to level up around the dungeons for a bit before I go for them again.

I'd recommend level 60 for the dragons and the immunities abilities from various jobs. (Silence, charm, paralyze etc) It also helps to have esunaga on hand.

Also I got wiped by the cerberus hounds in the vamp castle first time around. Rampart helped.

Just started playing this, and am having a blast with it so far. Going to add some of you guys here to my friend list. My friend code is below:

2337-4858-1421

finally got my hands on the game. I added everyone who listed their code here.

if you'd like to add me my code is 0490-5000-2723

Back