Brand new IPAD requires passcode??

mag88

n00b
I have a brand new Ipad Pro that has locked me out and shows me the passcode screen. I never set up a passcode. does anyone else have this problem?

I have a brand new Ipad Pro that has locked me out and shows me the passcode screen. I never set up a passcode. does anyone else have this problem?
if you signed in your apple id it probably synced from there. if you have a iphone try that code. if its not that, you had to set one some how and may be able to reset it via itunes.
btw, welcome to [H]!

thank you for your response, however, I do not have an IPHONE. I set up the IPAD with the apple ID I had created. I put it aside for few minutes. Got back to do the rest and I am locked out!

thank you for your response, however, I do not have an IPHONE. I set up the IPAD with the apple ID I had created. I put it aside for few minutes. Got back to do the rest and I am locked out!
use whatever code you set for the apple id account. you set one somewhere as they dont magically appear. and like i said, use itunes to try and reset it or you might be able to do it online in account management.

apple id requires password not passcode. And I did not set up a passcode like I originally said. passcode is only 4 digits.

Passcode is your Apple ID password. I had the same problem once. Spent forever looking through my passwords for a passcode only to have it unlock with the password.

If similar to the new iPad Air, the passcode is 6 digits you had to input during install (maybe used a birthdate?). You’ll always need this passcode when you reboot the device the first time you log in (finger or face unlocks work every time thereafter).
If you can’t remember it, you’ll have to reset the iPad to factory defaults. If you setup iCloud and find my device you can use iCloud to reset the iPad, else google other factory reset options.

I had a client call me in with the same issue.

He bought one NEW directly from apple and it was asking for a code when he turned it on for the first time.

use the usual 1234 and 0000
Thats the same combo on my luggage!

37613880-5D8F-468D-9EF9-3DECD694D091.gif

Well, since it is new there is no data inside. You can set it up as a new phone and start all over. You won't lose anything. Use itunes.

Back