Brady Label printer & excel

Wang191

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a brady 300 MVP Plus with THT-67-427-1.5 cable lables and I need to print directly from excel.
Currently we have been using CodeSoft software from brady but i wrote this application in excel that does some important stuff for work and I need to get it on to these labels. Currently we have some other macro that turns it into a new list and codesoft reads that spreadsheet and imports the data. That is too cumbersome to do for my new application and I really need to print from excel.

Does anyone have any experience with this, is there any way to do it. Brady tech support told me they dont have templates for any program other than their own and that was the end of the call.

When i try and print from excel, even one cell it prints out 4-6 lables depending on orientation. it doesnt seem to read the stop marks properly and it's just a giant mess.

anyone help?

You can define custom labels in MS Word. Is your spreadsheet able to be inserted into a Word document as a table and printed from Word onto a custom defined label?

If i have to import it into word i can go that route.
I'v never made a custom defined label but maybe that would be a route to go.

I would prefer it be able to be done right from excel so that when i teach everyone else how to use it i can make it one step so they don't have to remember anything other than the hot key command.

I will try the word template to see if i can get that to work too.

The word route is a no go. I can't select a custom page size, only label size.

We use Easy Label by Tharo. We used to use Codesoft too. I believe we can do this with Easy Label. Let me check with our inventory guy.

I just got word from our IT guy that he wants me spending all next week making this macro that prints our wire labels right from excel work.
It was sort of a project before, now it has a deadline.

it would be such a helpful tool because when you're making 150 labels a day minimum it would be such a time saver if it could be done right from the program where all your data is stored. (plus get rid of headaches)

Back