Boycott the 2004 SpikeTV Video Game Awards

SpikeTV is fucking lame. How many times a year can you do James Bond week? And it figures they would have an award show because the parent network (MTV) has them all the fucking time. They don't award the best games, just the best selling games. :mad:

The ads are enough to convince me to not watch the awards.

I like the Motley Crüe ad. I guess it is possible recreation day at the nursing home they have been in is non-stop Counter Strike.

After seeing those commercials with snoop and some scenes from that DOA game...

I'm just like :rolleyes:

Hyper_Psycho said:
Anyhooo.... who is this Motley Crue and what are they all about? Why should I care about their reunion?

Ever heard of Tommy Lee?

Well Im in because, I only watch C-Span and, the Weather Channel anyhow. That and, I got tired years ago of seeing a bunch of over paid dredges of society whining, about how hard it is to be rich and, famous.

Torgo said:
I know Steve's got great intentions, but I'm encouraging everyone to please turn your televisions to something other than the 2004 VGA award show. Why?

you have my fullest support. I believe that most award shows are popularity or 'how much money can i throw at the people who hold it' contests.

as far as the awards show goes, i believe madden won game of the year last year, enough said.

Enrickey said:
Is it just me, or are nearly all of the winners that I played some of the worst games that I have ever tried? GTA:VC had pretty bad voice acting, it all sounded really cheesy, Enter the matrix was the worst gamethat I have ever let touch my gamecube, True Crime:Streets of L.A. was a horrible attempt at trying to give a better fighting system to GTA, Splinter Cell just doesn't work for a handheld system, I dont care what anybody says, Halo was kind of ok for the x-box, but best PC game? UT2003 is so much further up on my list that it isnt even funny.

And also, how can the Halo be the best PC Game if Call of Duty was the best first person shooter?

Bump. I hear you barkin' big dogg.

i havent watched tv is a long time... but someone did say that motley crew was going to play the show.. ill wait for that to be leaked to the net.. and ill watch that... thats about all, ill do for the VGA's.

Heh...boycott a show that will have more people attending than actually watching.

yeah, I'm in.

Not that I really ever watch the Shameless Pandering to the Stereotype of the 18-25 Male Demographic channel anyway...

I can't fathom how "Enter the Matrix" would get nominated for anything other than the "Buggiest Game Ever Released" category.

WickedAngel said:
I can't fathom how "Enter the Matrix" would get nominated for anything other than the "Buggiest Game Ever Released" category.

haha ... that game was horrible
Beatable in a night, gah, sucked sooo much ...

I'm curious to see the winners this year. someone who watches should post them here, for our entertainment. I don't want to visit their page.... might get cooties. :p

The SpikeTV Video Game Awards are the special olympics of video game awards. :rolleyes:

S1nF1xx said:
The SpikeTV Video Game Awards are the special olympics of video game awards. :rolleyes:
Even if you win, the show is still retarded.

twyztyr said:
Name one worthwhile televised awards show for anything.

The hell with TV anyhow. I only have one to hook my DVD player and consoles to.

Ditto. My cable is $102 a month including my Broadband. All just to have a DVR, HBO, Cinemax, SHowtime, and Speed.

I dont even own a TV, my entertainment only comes through PC's and the internet so why not just Boycott crappy tv too?

LadyMakoFox said:
I dont even own a TV, my entertainment only comes through PC's and the internet so why not just Boycott crappy tv too?

The min we do that is the min the ratings drop. the min the ratings drop advertisers don't want any part in it. the min advertisers don't want any part in it shows get cancelled. Then what are you gonna download?

It's not like music where money can be made off of concerts and people can write a song in their garage. The type of stuff we're iinto, not this, but let's say Sci-Fi requires a lot of patronage given the enourmous budgets needed to get it done right.

Even if you use downloading tech to get your shows, program your tv to tune into the sows you like weekly. You're doing yourself a favour.

dwayne001 said:
The min we do that is the min the ratings drop. the min the ratings drop advertisers don't want any part in it. the min advertisers don't want any part in it shows get cancelled. Then what are you gonna download?

Edit: *puts on aluminum foil hat* When the advertisers start losing support from TV the more they'll think about in game advertising! Scary, and we thought popups were bad! *removes aluminum foil hat*

dwayne001 said:
It's not like music where money can be made off of concerts and people can write a song in their garage. The type of stuff we're iinto, not this, but let's say Sci-Fi requires a lot of patronage given the enourmous budgets needed to get it done right.

As for your Sci-Fi budget comment I have one word for that. "LOST" Aside from filming in Hawaii, I doubt they have a large budget and it's a great show. Although most would probably put it in more of a drama category it is Sci-Fi given the unseen creature bit and other things.

Now as for SpikeTV VGA, I watched the first 5-10 mins of it last year and saw how utterly bad it was going to be and switched it off.

better yet don't watch that piece of crap called television in the first place. tv is for drones

dwayne001 said:

Even if you use downloading tech to get your shows, program your tv to tune into the sows you like weekly. You're doing yourself a favour.

I dont d/l tv shows because as I stated most tv is CRAPPY TV and not worth the bandwith, I'd rather be getting myself a frag with that bandwith then d/l some of the craptacular shows they have on tv :)

dwayne001 said:
Thats why I have Time Warners DVR. It records what i want to watch and when I get time I do so. TV is horrible, all the shows suck except CSI, Smallville, and anything on Speed.

Alias said:
Thats why I have Time Warners DVR. It records what i want to watch and when I get time I do so. TV is horrible, all the shows suck except CSI, Smallville, and anything on Speed.

But yet without realizing it ur supporting their "crap". Why u ask? U have a "Time Warner" DVR! :p

Wow this is one pointless thread.

Gonna watch it. Don't give an S if it's "corporate" or whatever stupid reason your "rebeling" against.

You could say that about any awards they are still fun to watch and see how a game is ranked. There's not TRUE game of the year because every magazine/reviewer says something different. Just a fun take. It's freakin video game awards people. Just be happy it's getting more "mainstream" to actually have an awards show.

MTV awards started like this too. Just a goofy award show to entertain and see how out of the games they picked who wins.

But whatever. Go REBEL you hippies you

Back