Bouncing back and forth... 1000D, or Enthoo 719?

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
I'm utterly stuck on this one. Was about to order the 719 and finally remembered the "other" dual system case I'd seen - the 1000D. Now I'm torn. Literally had both of them in my Amazon cart at various points over the last week and a half, and I just can't pull the trigger. Hoping some folks have hands-on time with both of them (threads here are mixed it seems) and can help me decide.

Plan is a EATX x299 system for various tasks, combined with (possibly) a small ITX system as an additional server. ITX would be either air cooled (stock) or might use an AIO, but not likely to take water. X299 will start with a 420MM Rad (AIO) with a Hybrid 6800XT, and ~might~ move to full water at some point in the future - might. Not positive. Might. The "mights" are what have me hung up, as well as parts. X299 parts are mostly bought. ITX is still a "dream" that I'm debating on the configuration of

1000D:
TONS of cooling options, but stuck with 140MM fans to start (and the trays are sold out, so you're using 140MM fans up top). This is fine for the moment, but may get harder in the future - will those trays be regularly stocked to change out parts later?
Two NORMAL PSUs - can get those anywhere.
ITX system is normally mounted, but does have potential space conflicts with the other system depending on cooling choices.
Fan budget is absurd... as would be the WC budget if I go full water in the future.
Case is bloody $500.

719:
Decent cooling, good options to start with, but a bit limited for a full dual-loop if I ever go full water in the future.
Needs a Revolt X (sold out) to run two systems...
ITX system is mounted weird, but no space conflicts
ITX requires a PCIE Riser cable for graphics or other things... but how much would I have plugged into a server?
Fan budget is normal, case is normal price

In short, one is expensive, but has "normal" system requirements, outside of fans... the other is normally priced, but takes weird / oddball parts (revoltX/riser cable) to make it work in some configurations. Anyone done this? Thoughts?

Paul's Hardware did a dual system in a 1000D. Definitely more than what you are planning, but might give you an idea of how it goes.

Also there are other options for dual system as far as the PSU goes: Link I have never used it but was part of my research when I went with my dual system build. I went with a Lian Li D600 and some heavy modding.

There's also the Phanteks Evolv X but would need to do the Revolt X or the splitter I linked above. Was a bit cramped for my liking and need, but again was part of my dual PC research.

Last edited:
I own the 719...

never built in it. Because I'm waiting on my 3090+Waterblock

So I have no information to give you.

But I can say the 1000D is a rediculously large case. Like, the 1000D is bigger than the BOX that the 719 comes in.

Its like comparing a F250 to an E550. Both are 'big' but in different leagues.

Also, If you plan on going whole-ass with RGB, know that Corsair RGB fans don't sync with ANYTHING other than iCue. So if you buy RGB Products (including mainboards) that can't sync with iCue, you'll have to use two apps (or more) to control the lighting (including turning it off) and you will NOT be able to run synchronous effects like pulsing, colour shift, reactive effects, etc.

Last edited:
Not as worried about RGB- with the tempered glass on the 1000d, it’s not going to show as much, and the system will be positioned sideways against a wall. Which does speak for the 1000 as well- it’s primarily a front flow, vs the enthoo being partially side.

oh yeah wait till i replace that with the Dark Hero x570 >< its gonna be minuscule lol cant wait though got 2 480 rads for this new build and 2 420s in front and maybe a gpu block once they venture out of techtubers hands and back into markets for people to buy.

oh yeah wait till i replace that with the Dark Hero x570 >< its gonna be minuscule lol cant wait though got 2 480 rads for this new build and 2 420s in front and maybe a gpu block once they venture out of techtubers hands and back into markets for people to buy.

I work in an Australian computer shop on the weekends and honestly, 3090s and 3070s are always on the shelves. 3080s are like vapour, are all cards like that in the US?

were i live there is no such thing a micro center,best buy, i have to rely on online retailers, and they are always a void of Disappointment and out of stock or 300-400% mark up. i really would like a 3090 and could actually use the 24gb of vram for what i do.

but if you want a case that just screams quality look no further this thing is amazing. amazon stopped allowing shipment of this to my area after i bought 1 lol.

I work in an Australian computer shop on the weekends and honestly, 3090s and 3070s are always on the shelves. 3080s are like vapour, are all cards like that in the US?

3090's are relatively easy to find (with a bit of patience). 3070's are definitely easier than 3080's. The 3080 fe is a unicorn in the us (only one place sells it and it gets hammered)

3090's are relatively easy to find (with a bit of patience). 3070's are definitely easier than 3080's. The 3080 fe is a unicorn in the us (only one place sells it and it gets hammered)
3080 you can find off discord drops, if you’re fast and not picky. Forget the FE though. That ain’t happening.

What. The. Hell. Am. I. Looking. At?!?

who are those guys? I’ve never even heard of that company.
you're looking at cases that have.... A lot of options.

As for the company? They've been around for a while, and make some really good stuff. They're solid.

Also, If you plan on going whole-ass with RGB, know that Corsair RGB fans don't sync with ANYTHING other than iCue. So if you buy RGB Products (including mainboards) that can't sync with iCue, you'll have to use two apps (or more) to control the lighting (including turning it off) and you will NOT be able to run synchronous effects like pulsing, colour shift, reactive effects, etc.
Not entirely true. iCue has added support for ASUS motherboards and ASUS GPUs. Allows you to control both onboard lighting and RGB headers. You do have to have Aura/ArmorCrate installed but it does not need to be running. Also if you are willing to do some wiring you can take the typical 5v ARGB headers and replace them with Corsair headers. I did this with my EK CPU water block and EK GPU water block. They are essentially lighting strips when you integrate them this way.

Not helping me make a decision with info like that dammit :p
I do what I can lol!!

Given how this is sitting, I may go with non-rgb fans for the front, regardless of water or air. They'll be facing towards a corner anyway, I think. As for the rest - I tend to leave them in rainbow mode and just ignore them :D

This one is smoked glass. I care about it on the Lian Lis because you can see everything, way less so with the 1000D.

That Raijintek is... fascinating. But can't do eatx and ITX in the same box. Just dual ITX. Which... is an interesting future possibility for something ~else~.

I've never used the Enthoo case, so I cannot compare the two, however, I do have a pretty large build in a 1000D. I'm running 4x 3090s and a 3970x, with everything water cooled in a triple loop arrangement. I got the optional 120mm tray for the top. Previous to the Threadripper, I had an x299 build with 4 GPUs in the same case, so you can kind of count that as having built 2 1000Ds if you want.

This is a bit of an unfiltered stream of consciousness, but here are some pros and cons of the 1000D. I'm numbering them for easy reference, but they are not ranked:
  • Pros
    1. It's yuge. Like, for real. Even an NFL linebacker could build a PC inside of this without worrying that his big hands can't reach anything.
    2. It looks pretty ordinary. It's basically a traditional 500D but someone hit the 2x scale button. For me, this is a plus.
    3. Having 8 GPU slots on the main build is really nice if that's a thing that you're into.
    4. If you water cool just the CPU of the 2nd build (or if you can get away with a short air cooler on it), you can actually fit 4 GPUs in the main without conflicting with the second build.
    5. If you want to try case modding, it's actually a great first case to learn on. A bunch of the cons below can be resolved with fairly simple but rewarding case mods.
    6. If you do much component swapping on your cooling system, the sliders are very nice to have. With QDCs, you can do a very nicely modular build because of this. You basically have a front radiator subassembly which you can yank out in under a minute (if you used QDCs) in order to swap fans or purge a radiator or whatever you want. A++ would recommend twice. It's so easy that you can even hot swap radiators if necessary. I have done this once when there was a controller failure in the middle of a 5-day simulation that was running. Zero minutes downtime is priceless.
    7. Every air intake has an easily removable and cleanable filter on it (three total). This is a godsend if you live with a dog.
    8. There are a lot of tie-downs for zip ties, so you can do some generally very clean cable management (with some exceptions) if you have enough zip ties.
    9. Side panel removal is super simple
  • Cons
    1. See that second bullet above? I think it is, literally, a 500D that someone hit 2X on. This means that there are a ton of things which almost fit but don't because nobody actually took a look at optimizing things before sending it out to manufacturing. The chassis rear exhaust fans are a perfect example of this. The shill reviews (LTT, Jayz2Cents, Bitwit, even Paul's Hardware) all said that the case fits 2x140mm exhaust fans in their reviews. That's because Corsair told them to say that and not because they actually tried to mount them up. It turns out that the mounts are off by about 2mm. In order to fit those fans, you have to grind down the edges of both fans (I slimmed mine down on a Bridgeport; Simple, but not many people have machine shop access plus there still isn't enough space to mount them with 4 screws in each fan). Similarly, the lower set of grommets for passing cables to the back (used for the 2nd PC and the lower row of connectors on the main build) are just a bit too high for simple and safe use. Cables passing through here get pinched because the grommets are 2-3mm too high. These are just two examples of the lack of care from Corsair that went into this. This case would be legendary if someone who knew what he was doing had been allowed to go through and do a thorough audit of these seemingly insignificant details.
    2. Cable management is generally good, but there is no allowance for cleanly routing cables from the front rads & front panel back to the motherboard. It's not a huge deal on a normal case, but we're talking about having 16 fans up front in addition to the 3x front panel cables.
    3. Combining 1 & 2 of the cons, cable management would be excellent if you did a small (read: normal) build in here. But this isn't a case for normal builds. It has space for 32 radiator fans but it doesn't have the cable routing highways required for that kind of build. The smarter way to build would be to have splitters mounted on the radiators and then just route one cable to each radiator. That would be great if there were space to mount the splitters. There isn't (see Con #1). I'm running Splitty4s on mine, and I had to take some snips to them in order to trim to fit.
    4. The case has some weird 1990s concessions. Sure, there is no bay for an optical drive. On the other hand, there is a full cage for mounting 5x 3.5in magnetic spinny HDs. Remember those? The good news here is that the case is just held in place with rivets, so it is pretty painless to drill out and remove. But, since it really shouldn't be there in the first place, it's kind of an annoyance. It also leaves a big open window to the backside of the case which would have been better served by having extra 120mm fan mounting patterns for attaching pumps and reservoirs. Similarly but far less impactful, the case has about a dozen mounts for SATA SSDs. That's cool, but nobody actually uses that many outside of dedicated storage boxes and this would probably be the worst dedicated storage box of all time. Those extraneous mounts take up valuable space even at this scale.
    5. If you run the 120mm top tray, the far set of mounts is kind of useless unless you run a skinny radiator. I'm running a 60mm thick radiator in push/pull, and about half of the fan diameter on the lower fans is blocked by the motherboard tray/bump out. It doesn't need to be (see Con #1), but Corsair stuck about 12mm of extra wasted space onto that bump out. Resolving this is not a simple case mod. This really does a number on airflow, regardless of whether you're running the fans on that rad as intake or exhaust. With a 360x60mm rad there, cooling the 3970x truly is problematic. When I have to do a CPU compute at 300W, the coolant temp hits 47C with the push/pull fans all at max. Moving the radiator to the "front" (closer to the glass side panel) helps a lot, but then what do you put in that rear position? It is doable, but the space for a reservoir is tight.
    6. If you want to do a dual system build, it may be very tight if you're running 4 3080/3090 GPUs on the primary and a 3080/90 as the GPU on the secondary system. These cards extend higher than normal and thus may interfere with each other. If you check Corsair's site for a pic of the rear slots, you'll see what I'm talking about.
    7. I can't decide if this should be higher or lower on the list, but, like, it really is gigantic. It is 70lbs dry, before you put computers inside. If you run water, you can't just tip it over or flip it upside down in order to purge the loop(s). Having the radiators on sliders makes it really nice to just purge those externally and then mount them, but this requires that you use QDCs.
    8. If you're fulling loading the case, it can be difficult to balance intake vs exhaust. If you feed all radiators cold outside air, then you have 32 intake fans and only 2 exhaust fans. If you run the top as exhaust and the front as intake, then your in/out is balanced but the top radiators are working with warm air. If you split the top to be half intake and half exhaust, then you end up with a bunch of recirculation.
  • Notes
    • When you're building at this scale, you're going to use a LOT of fans. Make sure you budget for all of them. You're sticking two PCs into the case, and that means a lot of heat, and that means you're going to need two PCs worth of fans in there. I'm running 28 in mine right now.
    • The main PSU is regular ATX. The second PSU needs to be SFF of SFX.
So, anyway, those are my thoughts on the 1000D. I probably left a few things out by accident. Apologies for the deluge.

Ended up with the 1000D. Finicky finicky builds. Amazing case, but freaking huge. Tried to do AIOs but hoses wouldn’t go far enough- it’s really for air or for custom water. Will go custom water eventually. For now, because of finances, I took the ITX system out and will run it separate with air. Next year I’ll upgrade the whole kit to full water and consolidate, and use the ITX case to upgrade the wife’s system. Zero instructions with the case too. It’s assumed you’re creative at this level.

It really is amazing my Dark Hero looks like a itx board in this I'm just waiting on a next gen and itx I'll consolidate and make they my file server.

The ITX board in the bottom made me giggle.

Attachments

• B7ACB6A7-1A82-45B7-BFEC-E60E2F5866A6.jpeg
    B7ACB6A7-1A82-45B7-BFEC-E60E2F5866A6.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 0
yeah itll be so handy to have everything in 1 case plus my main rig doesnt need to use the storage as it has 6TB of Blazing fast 7gb's ssds. can make my storage server in this case and gaming rig.

Yeah. I'm still torn between dual res/dual loop, or single res/dual loop (costs almost the same) for next year - but that's a problem for then. Right now, it'll be an AIO on the 10980 at pure stock speeds. Next year I expect we'll see 12th gen from intel, I'll use the 10th gen ITX to upgrade my wife's system, and put in a 12th on ITX for the server portion and do custom loops. That'll take up more space.

Ended up with the 1000D. Finicky finicky builds. Amazing case, but freaking huge. Tried to do AIOs but hoses wouldn’t go far enough- it’s really for air or for custom water. Will go custom water eventually. For now, because of finances, I took the ITX system out and will run it separate with air. Next year I’ll upgrade the whole kit to full water and consolidate, and use the ITX case to upgrade the wife’s system.
I'm not familiar with the building codes in your area, but perhaps the unused portion of the case could be converted to a guest room. In-laws, perhaps?

Yeah. I'm still torn between dual res/dual loop, or single res/dual loop (costs almost the same) for next year - but that's a problem for then. Right now, it'll be an AIO on the 10980 at pure stock speeds. Next year I expect we'll see 12th gen from intel, I'll use the 10th gen ITX to upgrade my wife's system, and put in a 12th on ITX for the server portion and do custom loops. That'll take up more space.

When I eventually redo the cooling system, I think I'm going to replace the 480s that are currently run in parallel with flow-through units that will be run in series. This will make it so that there's only two tubes coming out of them rather than the current four. I'd basically be converting that to a single loop dedicated to the GPUs.

Up top, I would change out the 360x60mm for dual 360x45mm rads, also flow-through to simplify the plumbing. The radiator that's in there right now kind of gets choked for airflow because it's so thick and the fans are in push-pull. The fans get partially blocked by that useless top shelf. It can keep up with my 9980XE, but it wasn't getting the job done with the 3970X.

Not sure if you're planning to run any magnetic drives, but the plumbing is MUCH cleaner without those cages installed.

Actually, I think I'd change that for a 240x480mm front rad simply to cut down the fan count by a factor of 4. That would really reduce the number of wires and even the number of fan controllers, plus it would increase airflow at full blast while running even more quietly at low flow.

Actually, I think I'd change that for a 240x480mm front rad simply to cut down the fan count by a factor of 4. That would really reduce the number of wires and even the number of fan controllers, plus it would increase airflow at full blast while running even more quietly at low flow.
Do they make those? Since I’m doing the ITX system that wouldn’t be all that useful, but I’m mighty curious.

Do they make those? Since I’m doing the ITX system that wouldn’t be all that useful, but I’m mighty curious.
I could have sworn that there was a reasonably mainstream company that made them, but now that I'm looking, I'm coming up empty. I might need to amend my amendment.

Back