• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bose Computer Speakers

GFreeman9

Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
643
I really like to game, that is mainly 99.9% of what I do on my computer. I am planning to get a x-fi sound card and new speakers. From what I've listened to Bose has some really good speakers. Although I have never used them myself in gaming. Could anyone give their opinion on these: Speakers?

Or am I better off getting something else, for example something from Logitech?
 
To me, BOSE stands for:

Buy Other Stereo Equipment

You're just another victim of their aggressive marketing, and I'm sure some people here will show you the light. If you're looking for a 2.1 system, you're probably better off saving your money and getting something from perhaps Altec Lansing (MX5021) or Klipsch (Promedia 2.1). You're paying for the name with Bose... its just a shame so many people get sucked in.

I find Logitech systems a little boomy for my tastes. Not exactly good for music.
 
way overpriced IMO. I listened to them at Best Buy about a month ago and wasn't impressed at all. In fact, they didn't sound any better than these

of course, it could have been the source also.
 
what was that saying? no highs? no lows? then it must be a _____ . heh

you could do much better for the $.
 
_Korruption_ said:
To me, BOSE stands for:

Buy Other Stereo Equipment

You're just another victim of their aggressive marketing, and I'm sure some people here will show you the light. If you're looking for a 2.1 system, you're probably better off saving your money and getting something from perhaps Altec Lansing (MX5021) or Klipsch (Promedia 2.1). You're paying for the name with Bose... its just a shame so many people get sucked in.

I find Logitech systems a little boomy for my tastes. Not exactly good for music.
It's not exactly that I got sucked in because I did hear BOSE speakers in RL and I thought they were pretty good. The thing is I had nothing to compare it to because all I have now is ASUS onboard and $20 speakers from radioshack. :(
 
Please don't buy bose speakers. Audition some bose speakers alongside some other speakers(which might be somewhat tough - bose often makes retailers put bose speakers away from all the other speakers specificially so that you can't compare the bose to other speakers). Also, in-store bose demonstrations are engineered so that they produce optimal sound. Your setup at home most likely won't be anywhere near as optimal as the in-store demonstration, so it's not going to sound as good.

So, I'm sorry to say, but you did indeed get sucked in by bose's marketing, whether you realize it or not. Do yourself a favor and audition some other speakers. I don't personally have any recommendations, but i guarantee you can find better speakers for less money.
 
BOSE is garbage for what they want you to pay. I'm not too saavy on HTS and PC speakers, but I know the Klipsch setups and Logitech Z5500's are very very nice choices, even exceding some HTS for your TV. You would in essence use them for your HTS and for your computer.

IMO if you are very interested in a high end setup for your PC, I would recommend doing some deep research and purchasing your center, front/rear, sub and receiver seperately rather than in a package. Packaged HTS's are usually lower grade. The subs tend to be muddy and either overly boomy and gross or just really weak and flat.
 
jpmkm said:
Your setup at home most likely won't be anywhere near as optimal as the in-store demonstration, so it's not going to sound as good.
My friend has BOSE speakers and I heard them there. That wasn't in-store and wasn't optimized by a technician. :confused:
 
GFreeman9 said:
My friend has BOSE speakers and I heard them there. That wasn't in-store and wasn't optimized by a technician. :confused:
And what other speakers have you tried so far to compare them to?
 
jpmkm said:
And what other speakers have you tried so far to compare them to?
As I said before I only can compare them to my crappy $20 radioshack ones. So I didn't really know that's the only reason I asked. It doesn't matter now because I'm getting the Altec Lansing MX5021 ones now.
 
Those are nice ;)
You'll probably be *very* happy with those compared to the Bose.
And you can spend that $100 you save on some other cool gadget :p
 
Yeah thanks for the help you guys saved me some money. My BOSE story may go under my first n00b story in awhile. :p ;)
 
Another thumbs down for the Bose Companion 3:

I've listened to it at my local Best Buy - and it sounded very bright and harsh. Not worth even one-third its price, IMHO.
 
Back
Top