Borged 4 more for the Horde

SpoogeMonkey

2[H]4U
Just thought I would let everyone know that I borged the 4 new computers @ work today. Add
4 Sempr0n 3000's (8 Ghz) to the fight against them 3vil Aussies :p Hopefully at least 2 will be on 24/5.....the other 2 get about 9hrs/day. Still tryin to convince the boss to leave them ALL on 24/7 (he likes the cause/effect of folding, but our new showroom/warehouse is costing him a fortune). :(

SpoogeMonkey said:
Just thought I would let everyone know that I borged the 4 new computers @ work today. Add
4 Sempr0n 3000's (8 Ghz) to the fight against them 3vil Aussies :p Hopefully at least 2 will be on 24/5.....the other 2 get about 9hrs/day. Still tryin to convince the boss to leave them ALL on 24/7 (he likes the cause/effect of folding, but our new showroom/warehouse is costing him a fortune). :(

Doesn't he know it's bad Karma to turn a folding computer off? Sheesh, he's asking for it.

And if you didn't know it already, I have no freaking clue what I'm talking about. :p

Fold on people! For tuxedoedShrimp

I am 2 places behind you and 1000 points behind and have been trying to pass you since the 350s. We will have a good run for this. :cool:

Heh, I've been watching you creep up on me for awhile. These are much needed borgs to regain my lead :D I'm in the process of moving too, but once everything is settled in, I need to get my trusty old mobile 2500+ back up spittin out points at 2.4ghz.

There's also an old P3 500 at work, but I don't know if the extra 20 ppd it could muster in 8 hrs would be worth it.

And I thought I heard Santa say something about building another A64 3000+ for my 5 yr old boy ;) Hope he's got deep pockets cuz he has to give me 7800gtx first.

SpoogeMonkey said:
Heh, I've been watching you creep up on me for awhile. These are much needed borgs to regain my lead :D I'm in the process of moving too, but once everything is settled in, I need to get my trusty old mobile 2500+ back up spittin out points at 2.4ghz.

There's also an old P3 500 at work, but I don't know if the extra 20 ppd it could muster in 8 hrs would be worth it.

And I thought I heard Santa say something about building another A64 3000+ for my 5 yr old boy ;) Hope he's got deep pockets cuz he has to give me 7800gtx first.

we will see how it goes when I get my 3000 CG Clawhammer OCed and my Sempron 2800 gets here. Should be able to output 600 ppd on that + another 200-300 ppd from my borgs. ;)

SpoogeMonkey said:

My XP Mobile @ 2.5Ghz is my main producer. They can spit out some points. I see no reason not to have it running.

If the PIII 500 is being used anyway and has at least 256 meg of RAM, I see no reason not to run folding on it. It may only be on 8 hours a day, but it's better than nothing. Just set the console up on it to run timeless units. That's what I'm doing with my PIII 600 at home since I have no net access. I don't really count it in my PPD totals but it's a nice little bump when a machine like that drops a 241 point Tinker or something. I also have a Celeron 400 borged this way and a friend's PIII 667.

I looked today and the p3 500 isn't even running right now. The other box that is the "main server" is an old PI.....don't know how slow it is, but it's no more than 200mhz. Hopefully I can get a 2.6ghz cely setup for our "internet only" box once the workstations are built tomorrow. I've got the borging itch.......prepare to be assimilated!!

congrats on the borg that is a nice addition!!! i wish i had added four more this week:(

but i will next week

I borged 3 p4s yesterday. I've been adding the console to all the xp machines, spread over our 5 offices. My boss allows me only the xp machines, as we worry about the good old 98s and their poor health. But what is a non-profit to do. Currently I've borged 14 machines, but only had 3 when I created my profile for [H]ardfolding.com, and I cannot seem to find where to update this info. Help?

Back