• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Borg Newbie - Redirection to port 80

wurmy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
383
I have authority over a few machines at work, and would like to do burn-in testing using the FAH console version. I would do burn-in testing where FAH runs for several days, and the burn-in testing will be done. Part of this will be to test the environment as well.

However, I am behind two firewalls and do not want to initiate a firewall change just so I can get points. The amount of traffic is not an issue.

Question: Can I redirect the console to use port 80? Or, is there another client where this is possble?

Any help would be appreciated!
 
As far as I can tell, the console uses port 80 for everything. But might want to talk to unhappy_mage since Squid doesn't work with it. I just always set it to use IE settings and it never has any problems getting through firewalls.


 
There are 2 assign servers; assign.stanford.edu:8080 and assign2.stanford.edu:80. The WU servers are on another port IIRC, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

"polipo" is a web proxy which may work with FAH. I haven't had an opportunity to try it, though, so YMMV.
 
Is there a result server that works over port 80 also?

Thanks for any response!
 
Back
Top