borderlands

Wait a minute-...

Someone just sent me a convo. they had with someone that played it and he's saying this:

"Bad things I've heard about borderlands: no text chat, voice chat is constantly on and you can't disable it unless you mute your mic, all items are stored locally on your computer instead of on a server so people can look through the files and mod them to get hacked weapons"

This doesn't sound right, is it true though?

no text chat=lame
voice chat=win but being constantly on and can't be disabled=fail
items stored locally=fail

That last one makes running around looking for stuff/selling stuff for $ a pointless waste of time

To all of you naysayers, I got these words.

Mutant Midget Psychos. On fire.

That is all.

/buy game. I already got it for 360. Let's just say, that if words "Guns. Lots of guns" adequately describe a perfect game for you, then you're in luck. Because apart from guns, there's only 3 other kinds of loot (well, and ammo which can be looted). Those three be shields, grenade mods, and class items. And oh man, there's a lot guns. Honestly,all different varieties (I guess you can classify them according to ammo they use) look, work and reload differently. But even combat rifle ammo guns have assault rifles, heavy machine guns etc etc. Oh and there are alien guns too, that use no ammo and recharge over time.

The entire world is an instance. You travel from one quest hub to another, those hubs are connected by instanced gates and quick travel relays. So it kinda feels like an MMO, except you're the only player. Co-op sorta makes up for emptiness, sorta. The world doesn't feel alive and breathing, but heck, there's shit to shoot and lots of guns to shoot shit with, so who cares.

I'm am sooo looking forward to this :D

/buy game. I already got it for 360. Let's just say, that if words "Guns. Lots of guns" adequately describe a perfect game for you, then you're in luck. Because apart from guns, there's only 3 other kinds of loot (well, and ammo which can be looted). Those three be shields, grenade mods, and class items. And oh man, there's a lot guns. Honestly,all different varieties (I guess you can classify them according to ammo they use) look, work and reload differently. But even combat rifle ammo guns have assault rifles, heavy machine guns etc etc. Oh and there are alien guns too, that use no ammo and recharge over time.

Personally I hope they get classified according to formfactor. I will be playing a hunter and I would love to find a revolver that shoots shotgun shells. :D

Ive been playing it now for a little, level 12.... not bad, awesome game, good premise..... good mechanics... I like it alot.

Looking to get this for the PC.

Can anyone confirm the no text chat?..and no ability to disable voice? :(

PC version has text chat (confirmed on official forums).

Also reports that the pc version will be released early because of broken street dates.

Gamestop moved their pc version up to shipping on the 23rd (tomorrow). Steam also started pre loading today, so hopefully it's going to be unlocked early since other stores broke the street date.

To all of you naysayers, I got these words.

That is all.

The entire world is an instance. You travel from one quest hub to another, those hubs are connected by instanced gates and quick travel relays. So it kinda feels like an MMO, except you're the only player. Co-op sorta makes up for emptiness, sorta. The world doesn't feel alive and breathing, but heck, there's shit to shoot and lots of guns to shoot shit with, so who cares.
Eh, lots of guns, but really the only differences between them are just minor stats. In reality there are only 8 types of guns, the randomization comes in the form of color, stats and scoped or not scoped.

So the millions of guns they advertise is quite false. That's like saying in WoW there are millions of items. Yeah, there are, but they're the same skin and you only pick them up to vendor for money once you get a chance.

Also reports that the pc version will be released early because of broken street dates.

Gamestop moved their pc version up to shipping on the 23rd (tomorrow). Steam also started pre loading today, so hopefully it's going to be unlocked early since other stores broke the street date.

I just called my local game stop to see if they had it, they sold out last night at 12am. I am very surprised!

Also, another game stop said they wont have it until the 24th. on a weekend? Very werid

Great, thanks for the info

Cant beat this kind of thing for 30 bones!

This is gonna be the longest weekend of the year! :(

Wait a minute-...

Someone just sent me a convo. they had with someone that played it and he's saying this:

"Bad things I've heard about borderlands: no text chat, voice chat is constantly on and you can't disable it unless you mute your mic, all items are stored locally on your computer instead of on a server so people can look through the files and mod them to get hacked weapons"

This doesn't sound right, is it true though?

I am glad. I don't want to rely on some server to house my gear. How worried are you really about hacked gear when the game is largely co-op?

I'm am sooo looking forward to this :D

Personally I hope they get classified according to formfactor. I will be playing a hunter and I would love to find a revolver that shoots shotgun shells. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_Judge

Oh.. you meant in the game? :D

Omfg this game just blew me away from the entrance video alone.......this little wall-e robot is hilarious.

Man the graphics are good - some slow down though - 360 version. Might have to buy the steam version and return this to gamefly.......

5 more days till i can get it for my pc :D i'm anxious.. kinda seems like the perfect blend of FPS and diablo gameplay lol

5 more days till i can get it for my pc :D i'm anxious.. kinda seems like the perfect blend of FPS and diablo gameplay lol

The number of gear slots seems a bit low :/ Other than that it looks and sounds great, I'm about ready to go on Steam :p

I just called my local game stop to see if they had it, they sold out last night at 12am. I am very surprised!

Also, another game stop said they wont have it until the 24th. on a weekend? Very werid
Gamestop "sells out" of everything unless you pre-order it. Go to another B&M store that sells games like Best Buy and they'll probably have copies.

I'm gonna try hitting up Gamestop and Best Buy tomorrow after work to see if I can nab a PC copy. Would really love to dig into this game over the weekend instead of having to wait until Monday.

You won't be unless they decide to let you. The game uses Securom and it can't be activiated yet, until release day.

anyone play on the 360 in split screen?
I want to get this for PC but BB is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale, thinking of getting it on 360

This game is seriously amazing. Don't get it for 360, the controls are terrible and if you play a hunter like me and zoom in a lot - expect some serious slowdowns.

Something tells me borderlands 2 will be EPIC in the multiplayer department.

I wanted to get it for the PC but I'm hearing some serious cheating/hacking that's available. Progress is stored on client PC's not servers.......Will hold off for a week to see how the community responds.

Text chat is sooooo 5 years ago.
Whats wrong with voice chat?

well for one, I dont like voice chatting with random people online, I only use it when playing with friends or clan

This game is amazing, yes. Its good on the Xbox, but I'd like to see whats its like on a PC.

Got in on a 4 pack deal and preloaded last night. I'm looking foward to this. :)

The classes are surprisingly well balanced. Now that I've got a feel for the value of each stat, I can see every character with at least 2 great trees and more valuable skills than available points. I'd probably want to run through the game with at least 2-3 characters.

Roland is the least attractive for me, since I'm not always going to be playing multiplayer and both his turret and his team skills work best with additional players (and the larger crowds of enemies). In single player it seems like I'd be pushing forward too fast for a stationary turret most of the time.

Back