Borderlands..

Seros

[H]ard|Gawd
I keep going back and forth on getting this game. It looks great but I need to make sure a lot of my friends are getting it. Also, from the preview videos, the game doesnt look as polished as i think it will be in person but we will see.

im also a bit uneasy on how boring/exciting the game will be. lately ive been playing way too much free-world exploring games and my problem with this is sometimes it gets a bit boring or I feel detached from the story.. so, with that, im hoping the story is good. The action looks great.. we will see how it goes!

A sci-fi / action RPG from acclaimed developer Gearbox, Borderlands combines the best in first-person action with player customization and vehicular combat for incredible layers of gameplay depth. The game features a groundbreaking content generation system allowing for near-endless variety in missions, environments, enemies, weapons, item drops and character customization. Borderlands allows for multiple players to share the same game experience simultaneously online in co-op gameplay. Players can freely join or leave each other's games at anytime, or choose to play in the full single-player mode. The game also boasts lifelike character animations, impressive real-time physics, and customizable vehicles.

GameTrailers Preview: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-borderlands/56123
Gamespy Hands On: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/borderlands/1025658p1.html
Metacritic (Coming Soon)

What about you guys? Any plans on getting it? Its coming out very soon..

i need something besides call of duty to play on the xbox so i'll probably grab it.

Been thinking about it, but there are so many other game hitting in the next few weeks that I doubt I'll get around to it.

preordered, and can't wait. This game looks so awesome.

giantbomb.com has a 32 minute quick look where they do a number of quests and fights and go over menus and stuff.

I'll be picking it shortly after launch if the reviews are good. Not sure what system to get it for yet.

looks like silly arcade nonsense. I am sure many people like that but it certainly isnt my type of game.

Last edited:
For those of you who live in the Dallas area Gearbox is throwing a party this Saturday for the release of the game at the Granada Theatre and the game will be playable at the party. Also Mix Master Mike from Beastie Boys will DJ it lol You can sign up for it here:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/communityinvite

I'm pretty excited, hopefully my local Best Buy will have it tomorrow.

getting mine tonight...woot. gonna play until 3 am with two friends and then play more tomorrow. Mental health Day!!!. Of course my friends want to snipe, so looks like Im going Roland...or Lilith

You can all be the same character if you want, and any character can use any gun so you can all use sniper rifles.

Oh, Im no sniper.
halo/cod/BF.. I prefer close combat.
I'll go soldier and heal/ protect with turret

Pre-Ordered as well.. cant wait. Now the only question is do I buy the PC version as well so I can play with my PC friends as well as my xbox friends.

Pre-Ordered as well.. cant wait. Now the only question is do I buy the PC version as well so I can play with my PC friends as well as my xbox friends.

this is me. Don't have many friends playing xbox version so might just get the pc

bah, futureshop said in stock for my city on their site but they didn't have it yet when I went, probably in back in a box waiting for the shelf tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just went down to Walmart and picked up my copy.I also got Transformers 2 on blu-ray,but now I have to wait until I get off of work to do anything! :(

just got my notification that GameFly is shipping this one today for x360. I haven't read much on it, but from what I have, it looks like it could be awesome.

Gametrailers has a review up. *minor spoilers I guess*

Link: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-borderlands/57869

can you change the format used for playback like in the old player to formats like wmv or mp4?

the craptastic laptop im on right now dies at the hands of flash, so anything hd like youtube or gametrailers brings the video to a slideshow

edit: i just copied the wmv download link and streamed in through wmp

Last edited:
I didn't anticipate this much demand for the game. Both Wal-marts I went to were sold out with me snagging the last copy at the second. I know my buddy tried to buy it as well and everywhere close to him was sold out, at least for 360.

The beginning of the game is slow but it picks up after an hour or two. I got to level 11 as a siren (wanted to try something different) and I'm loving it. I haven't tried MP yet though since I have no friends in the US right now :(

Well, i decided to pick up the game today.
AND IT IS AWESOME.
The game is made for coop.. so make sure you have someone to play with! Im level 11 and having a blast so far. Art style is great, weapons are amazing and plentiful, and overall the game is just fun.

Really fun, very addictive getting good loot and leveling up to take on the hard area/bosses. You have to play with other people I think or it can get boring since there is really no story, unless you just love looting by yourself.

Im loving it. went to midnight release monday. Told my friend he had to leave when i realized to was 4am tue morning. lol. woke up at 10. picked him up and played all day tues.
great game co-op. My damn friend is a loot whore so i had to give him a quick beat down
"Elbow drop!" :p

Back