Borderlands 3

Played some multiplayer with some friends. Friend just started playing at level 5, I joined his game at level 39. Everything is scaled. In his game the enemies are level 5, in mine they are level 39. He gets his own loot, I get mine (instanced loot). Very cool! Also on the ship you get your own room that you can decorate, there are 4 rooms and each room is for each player in a game (can visit other players rooms)

a video just game out on power leveling people, 1 to 50 in an hour. you have to set the game mode to "coopetition" and let the higher level kill the boss. then the loot and xp is scaled to them.

at first i did but from what i can tell is that windows defenders ransomware protection would stop egs from being able to save the cloud save on my system which would just start me over since i had whitelisted borderlands 3 but not EGS, once i whitelisted EGS haven't had it happen.

Yeah this feature will fuck up Steam as well, or really anything that tries to write to that directory. I screwed myself out of a couple hours of play time with Chrono Trigger on Steam.

Worst was that the game never complained, data just silently went into the void.

BL3 is my first Borderlands game. It seems cool. Sort of a mix of Destiny + Rage kind of.

I wish there was a way to get rid of the opening screens, and load right up to the start game menu part.

I am only level 14, and haven't a weapon I truly love, some good ones, but a lot of "filler" guns.

I wish we could jump high or speed faster like in Destiny 2.

And the vehicle controls SUCK. Moving the car with my mouse is terrible, wish we had Battlefield type vehicles and control. Huge open area maps with helicopter type vehicles.

So far I'd rate this 3/5.

Yeah this feature will fuck up Steam as well, or really anything that tries to write to that directory. I screwed myself out of a couple hours of play time with Chrono Trigger on Steam.

Worst was that the game never complained, data just silently went into the void.

yeah i just recently noticed that it was blocking VRserver or some shit from steam because i never check my notifications. for some reason windows thinks that isn't important enough to actually give me a notification popup about..

BL3 is my first Borderlands game. It seems cool. Sort of a mix of Destiny + Rage kind of.

I wish there was a way to get rid of the opening screens, and load right up to the start game menu part.

I am only level 14, and haven't a weapon I truly love, some good ones, but a lot of "filler" guns.

And the vehicle controls SUCK. Moving the car with my mouse is terrible, wish we had Battlefield type vehicles and control. Huge open area maps with helicopter type vehicles.

set your mouse to 1 sensitivity, it gets much easier to control.. first time i played BL1 it drove me nuts but i got use to it super quick to the point where i tried to play another racing game and i was sitting there trying to control the car with my mouse like an idiot.. if you have a controller hooked up you can just switch to your controller to drive but it's not much better.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
go to borderlands folder, make null file, copy it 4 times, delete annoying videos and rename one for each video deleted.
final results should look like:

DIxrnFN.png

mouse controls for vehicles are actually ok. you just need to aim with the mouse where you go. a hard change at first but not later.

also a tip : press f4 for emails. you may have free guns stored there

Last edited:
go to borderlands folder, make null file, copy it 4 times, delete annoying videos and rename one for each video deleted.
final results should look like:

View attachment 187788

mouse controls for vehicles are actually ok. you just need to aim with the mouse where you go. a hard change at first but not later.

also a tip : press f4 for emails. you may have free guns stored there

Thanks I'll work on this tonight. Might have questions, but we'll see.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderlands_3

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I am having a blast so far, laughed pretty good at "rumble in the jungle" and laughed even harder with the navigator lol.

Set it for DX11. DX11 about 30 secs load time, DX12 a LOT more, steam & egs are on an nvme drive, but hardly any drive activity, and only about 30% cpu with my I7-7700k. I don't really notice the difference in PQ. And I'm at a loss to think of why the load times are so different. I make sure my saves are backup up, I don't use the cloud (EGS?), all mine are in the "Documents/my games/bl3/saved/savegames/somerandomnumber so I haven't lost any saves/progress. (Interesting side note, 1.sav has money, backpack and eridium,; profile.sav has keys & bank. So the old re-use golden keys exploit still works.) The only place that has vending machines that level up with you are on Sancturary, and the odd storage bin, but only white items.

And I did set the mouse sensitivity almost all the way down in the setup. anything above that and it looks like an epileptic is playing. Using a G502 Proteus right now.
I thought the mouse sensitivity was just me.

Borderlands 3 is basically borderlands 2 with a different story. So not surprising it has the same issues. I mean it's literally nothing but an expansion of B2. They changed a couple of things as 2k Australia did with the presequel, but it's the presequel 2 to me more than it being borderlands 3.

I had to come back to Killavolt (level 16) at level 18 and killing him was still pretty damn hard. It was impossible at level 13 which is the quest level.

Gotta say though the boss fights have been great so far.

Any other 1337 gamers soloing bosses while under-leveled?

I've only done like one side quest and no grinding whatsoever. Just straight main quest.

Any other 1337 gamers soloing bosses while under-leveled?

I've only done like one side quest and no grinding whatsoever. Just straight main quest.

2nd wind is your friend if you go down the best stragety is change up Gun companies like using a Maliwan for shield depeleating and when the shields are down let them have it and jump around and back peddle all which might be hard with a keyboard but with a X-box controller no problem.

Last edited:
Yeah, there is a lot you can do to take down enemies more efficiently. Certain weapons do way more damage to certain enemies, and enemies have other crit areas than just their heads.

If you're just mindlessly shooting you're going to have a tough time in comparison.

Well I bought it against my better judgement, and it appears broken at best so far. On ultrawide the cutscenes and character selection are bugged the fuck out, I shut off the TemporalFX some people said fixed it and it did nothing so now I've sat through the damn into vid 5 times. I pulled an old 1080p monitor out just to make it past that for now but this is seriously unacceptable in a AAA title in 2019. My other huge gripe is the volume controls don't take effect until the menu shows up, so the game is mind blastingly loud on the unskippable stupid into slides.

Maybe I'll get past character select soon and actually be able to try the game out.

Well I bought it against my better judgement, and it appears broken at best so far. On ultrawide the cutscenes and character selection are bugged the fuck out, I shut off the TemporalFX some people said fixed it and it did nothing so now I've sat through the damn into vid 5 times. I pulled an old 1080p monitor out just to make it past that for now but this is seriously unacceptable in a AAA title in 2019. My other huge gripe is the volume controls don't take effect until the menu shows up, so the game is mind blastingly loud on the unskippable stupid into slides.

Maybe I'll get past character select soon and actually be able to try the game out.

Weird I'm running it on my ultrawide with zero issues. Sounds like your computer is the issue.

Weird I'm running it on my ultrawide with zero issues. Sounds like your computer is the issue.

Weird that you think your single experience dictates what the millions of other players will see and immediately blame the hardware. But very typical. Congrats on fulfilling the stereotype of video game forum users.

How many patches has there been so far? Seems like mine hasn't updated since release. Still showing 1.0.0 CL 2005984 in Epic Launcher.

I'll wait for a bit before diving into BL3, was never a fan of playing games as soon as they release. So far I've heard performance is not great so maybe in a few months things will get optimized a bit more, perhaps a price drop.

Some of the mainline quests have multiple badass enemies, when I got to rescue Hammerlock, I was getting killed on a regular basis even before the Boss Battle (they get worse and worse as you level up, dayum). And the challenges where they are jump puzzles are just a pita. My limit is dying 3 times before I give up, lose too much money after a while.

But as frustrating as it can be, it's pretty fun. Tina's all grow'd up (still psycho, tho). Moxie looks like she lost some weight.

How many patches has there been so far? Seems like mine hasn't updated since release. Still showing 1.0.0 CL 2005984 in Epic Launcher.

I have my Epic Launcher auto update, and I know for a fact there have been at least 3 patches. While I was playing and I had to go AFK real quick I would hit esc, and there would be a message about an update and asked if I would like to install it now.

So, I know there have been quite a few patches.

I have my Epic Launcher auto update, and I know for a fact there have been at least 3 patches. While I was playing and I had to go AFK real quick I would hit esc, and there would be a message about an update and asked if I would like to install it now.

So, I know there have been quite a few patches.

I got those messages as well. Are there any patch notes?

Back