Borderlands 3

I declare this game "a hoot".

It hits all the stupid boxes I want in "light entertainment". Potty humor, bad puns, absurd explosions, randomly getting something insanely OP for 5 levels, and Ellie.

Yes, it's borderlands again. But it's good borderlands, and it's still fun.

Photo00000.png

Where can I get this IRL?

Love the game, but I'm just not finding people to play with. Other borderlands games, Co op was hilarious fun and was easy to drop in or have people drop in. I've set my games to open and I barely have seen one or two people since release.

Love the game, but I'm just not finding people to play with. Other borderlands games, Co op was hilarious fun and was easy to drop in or have people drop in. I've set my games to open and I barely have seen one or two people since release.
Epic

Because EGS, and many users prefer to have it on Steam for the achievements.

Hey guys am recruiting people for a borderlands community. if someone is interest :) here is the recruitment letter

Tactical Gaming has been a community since 2004 and focuses on the improvement of our players in all aspects of the game. If you are looking for a structured environment that will treat you like a grown up and help you achieve any in game goal you have then this is the community for you. We have recently expanded to Borderlands 3 and we are seeking multiple raid teams and players to group with.

We practice twice a week at night. (8pm est)(Sundays and Wednesdays) (most people are on all the time)

We do not allow kids

We are a max level clan

We have been a community since 2004

We have rules to guard against players of a toxic nature

Free YouTube team

Free graphics team

Veteran friendly veteran staffed

Easy to use discord

Professional website

Friendly helpful staff and members

You can reply to this post or add me on psn or Xbox

PSN: vuurmanj

Xbox: vuurmanj

Discord: vuurmanj #4427

If u need some people to play with. check my post above
Have a wonderfull day sir

I was not happy with the EGS exclusivity. I wanted to wait for steam but i decided to buy it this weekend when i found a deal.

Good borderlands games, love that they added more vertical exploration.

So far so good. I play solo anyway.

Got to level 20, but it was a hard path. The boss fights were brutal, even when I was 2 or 3 levels above the "recommended" level (level 17 for a level 13 side quest boss, LOTS of runnin' and gunnin'). And my mouse hand starts to cramp up after an hour or so, guess I'm getting old...... I'm going to try a vertical mouse and see how that works out, just ordered one.

Buy a X-Box one controller I hardly use a mouse for any games except RPGs with alot of shortcuts.

I didn't grow up on a controller (never had a console, except an Atari or Magnavox, and those were joy sticks) so it's a lot harder to use for me. It have a Steam controller, I try it every once and a while mainly to update the firmware, but I can't get the hand/eye co-ordination going with it.

Has anyone on here had their saved progress disappear? Like you played for 4 hours, logged off then back on a few hours later and you were reset to prior to the 4 hours?

I'm backing up all my saves the location is on the 1st post of this thread could be a Epic thing I know the game will let you know if your net is disconnected I had that happen once.

Got to level 20, but it was a hard path. The boss fights were brutal, even when I was 2 or 3 levels above the "recommended" level (level 17 for a level 13 side quest boss, LOTS of runnin' and gunnin'). And my mouse hand starts to cramp up after an hour or so, guess I'm getting old...... I'm going to try a vertical mouse and see how that works out, just ordered one.

You're probably using way too high mouse sensitivity/dpi. Or have your mouse surface sitting too high, or both.

Has anyone on here had their saved progress disappear? Like you played for 4 hours, logged off then back on a few hours later and you were reset to prior to the 4 hours?

at first i did but from what i can tell is that windows defenders ransomware protection would stop egs from being able to save the cloud save on my system which would just start me over since i had whitelisted borderlands 3 but not EGS, once i whitelisted EGS haven't had it happen.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks this game is hard as fuck.

i feel dumb.. you guys are right. you can just fast travel. Stupid me didn't know about the galaxy thing and then I was clicking the icon on the map trying to fast travel instead of clicking the name of the place on the left.

starting to not have fun...game is crashing constantly after like 10 to minutes. getting hard to play now.

Reading of several problems on yuttube. Bad frame rates, saves being lost and so forth. Is anyone here having these problems?

Reading of several problems on yuttube. Bad frame rates, saves being lost and so forth. Is anyone here having these problems?

had the save issue but i fixed it on my end, other than that no issues.. frame rate stays between 70-100 for me with high preset using dx11.

It runs great for me and I haven't had any issues.
I tweaked my settings using the benchmark in the options menu for an average of 100 fps but during actual gameplay I haven't seen it dip below 100. I'm running a variety of ultra, medium, and high settings at 2560x1440 with a 1080ti and 9900k.

Last edited:
I had frame rate issues. there is an image in this thread showing how to optimize. performance fixed it. I run the game in a window though, widescreen. there is strangeness with cutscenes which are "too small" and other stuff shows on the side.

Seems like the fog setting is the easiest way to get boatloads of "free" performance with minimal noticeable impact on quality.
I don't see them doing it, but I'd like to see some additional resolution scale % options. Right now everything is in increments of 25%. I usually use 85% or even 90% with most games. Based on my current performance, that would be ideal in this game, too.

Performance seems fine to me, 1440p on a 2080ti with max settings, volumetric fog turned down a notch. Getting about 100-110 fps in most instances. It's just that claptrap dancing loading screen for 2-3 minutes on startup that's annoying...is that related to selecting dx12 as I've read in some places?

Performance seems fine to me, 1440p on a 2080ti with max settings, volumetric fog turned down a notch. Getting about 100-110 fps in most instances. It's just that claptrap dancing loading screen for 2-3 minutes on startup that's annoying...is that related to selecting dx12 as I've read in some places?

Probably, I have the default dx11 set and load times are pretty much instant.

Yup, that's DX12 only. DX11 trims that down to 5-10 seconds with no Claptrap dancing. The first time I tried DX12 I thought my PC had gone into an endless loop or something.

Yup, that's DX12 only. DX11 trims that down to 5-10 seconds with no Claptrap dancing. The first time I tried DX12 I thought my PC had gone into an endless loop or something.

Yeah, figured as much.

Could be worse, I've read some people having to wait 10-20 minutes. It's literally only 2 minutes or so for me.

Yeah, figured as much.

Could be worse, I've read some people having to wait 10-20 minutes. It's literally only 2 minutes or so for me.

It might depend on what type of hard drive you have. I've got one of the fastest NVMe drives around and it still took me like 2 minutes. A slow spinner might take forever at that rate.

Any work around for the increased load time with dx12 enabled?

Set it for DX11. DX11 about 30 secs load time, DX12 a LOT more, steam & egs are on an nvme drive, but hardly any drive activity, and only about 30% cpu with my I7-7700k. I don't really notice the difference in PQ. And I'm at a loss to think of why the load times are so different. I make sure my saves are backup up, I don't use the cloud (EGS?), all mine are in the "Documents/my games/bl3/saved/savegames/somerandomnumber so I haven't lost any saves/progress. (Interesting side note, 1.sav has money, backpack and eridium,; profile.sav has keys & bank. So the old re-use golden keys exploit still works.) The only place that has vending machines that level up with you are on Sancturary, and the odd storage bin, but only white items.

And I did set the mouse sensitivity almost all the way down in the setup. anything above that and it looks like an epileptic is playing. Using a G502 Proteus right now.

Played some multiplayer with some friends. Friend just started playing at level 5, I joined his game at level 39. Everything is scaled. In his game the enemies are level 5, in mine they are level 39. He gets his own loot, I get mine (instanced loot). Very cool! Also on the ship you get your own room that you can decorate, there are 4 rooms and each room is for each player in a game (can visit other players rooms)

Does this ever open up more? So far it seems pretty light on side quests. 1 and 2 and what not there was side quests left and right. Like each map in 3 has maybe 2.

I just finished the Atlas Ceo key

Played some multiplayer with some friends. Friend just started playing at level 5, I joined his game at level 39. Everything is scaled. In his game the enemies are level 5, in mine they are level 39. He gets his own loot, I get mine (instanced loot). Very cool! Also on the ship you get your own room that you can decorate, there are 4 rooms and each room is for each player in a game (can visit other players rooms)

was wondering how that worked.. guess it makes sense now why people in my game were way higher level than me and still dying lol.

Set it for DX11. DX11 about 30 secs load time, DX12 a LOT more, steam & egs are on an nvme drive, but hardly any drive activity, and only about 30% cpu with my I7-7700k. I don't really notice the difference in PQ. And I'm at a loss to think of why the load times are so different. I make sure my saves are backup up, I don't use the cloud (EGS?), all mine are in the "Documents/my games/bl3/saved/savegames/somerandomnumber so I haven't lost any saves/progress. (Interesting side note, 1.sav has money, backpack and eridium,; profile.sav has keys & bank. So the old re-use golden keys exploit still works.) The only place that has vending machines that level up with you are on Sancturary, and the odd storage bin, but only white items.

And I did set the mouse sensitivity almost all the way down in the setup. anything above that and it looks like an epileptic is playing. Using a G502 Proteus right now.

yeah you'd think after 4 games they'd know how to set the default mouse sensitivity scaling but nope.. i have mine set to 2 for all of them and even that's still way too high. has been an issue with every single BL game.

Back