Borderlands 2 PC Download: $2.99

Hold out for GoTY version and sale on all missing DLCs from the GoTY version. Worth the extra investment.

They still do GoTy versions nowadays? I'd wait for whatever comes with all of the DLC, but damn, they aren't a guarantee, anymore.

is borderlands (1st one) GOTY for $7.49 worth it? never jumped into borderlands and first game with all DLC for $7.49 seems tempting.

Game looks good at 1600p. I wish they didn't have a cartoonish black like around everything.

Got in on this but it says my order needs to be verified?

is borderlands (1st one) GOTY for $7.49 worth it? never jumped into borderlands and first game with all DLC for $7.49 seems tempting.

Yes, in many ways Borderlands 1 is still the best Borderlands. If I had to choose one to bring to a desert island - BL1, BL2 or BL:TPS, I absolutely go BL1. The atmosphere and ambient music is second to none. Its much more Fallout/Mad Max-like in terms of barren landsape wandering, whereas BL2 and BL:TPS are more of a space cowboy, oversaturated colors vibe.

And BL1 became Steamworks-enabled a few months ago so multiplayer no longer requires Gamespy as it once did. Multiplayer in it is alive again.

Yes, I put in 60 hours of single player in the GoTY. Of course, I dropped 130 hours in Borderlands 2 GoTY + all of the missing DLC so both are ridiculously good values. Never played any multiplayer.

Yes, I put in 60 hours of single player in the GoTY. Of course, I dropped 130 hours in Borderlands 2 GoTY + all of the missing DLC so both are ridiculously good values. Never played any multiplayer.

You missed out! Multiplayer is the way it was meant to be played - its one thing they really got right in these games was the "drop in" method of co-op. Never too late for a re-roll.

Are you saying its not worth playing these if you hate co-op like I do? I do not consider 4 player co-op to be multiplayer so i just ignore it.

Are you saying its not worth playing these if you hate co-op like I do? I do not consider 4 player co-op to be multiplayer so i just ignore it.
It's definitely still worth playing but cooperative play is a big part of the game. The difficulty of the game scales with the number of players, as does the quality of the loot; replayability is also a factor since you can play other players' campaigns.

You missed out! Multiplayer is the way it was meant to be played - its one thing they really got right in these games was the "drop in" method of co-op. Never too late for a re-roll.

After 200 hours in the Borderlands franchise, I don't feel I missed anything. Regular drops were more than enough for BL1 and for BL2 I got plenty of good "loot" using the golden key SHiFT codes released every week. Much better than grinding with some stranger for loot that was obsolete 2 levels later.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_SHiFT_Codes

Frankly I'm going to wait a long time to play the Pre-Sequel. Just burned out.

damn sale is over
will def grab borderlands 1 next time around

After 200 hours in the Borderlands franchise, I don't feel I missed anything. Regular drops were more than enough for BL1 and for BL2 I got plenty of good "loot" using the golden key SHiFT codes released every week. Much better than grinding with some stranger for loot that was obsolete 2 levels later.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_SHiFT_Codes

Frankly I'm going to wait a long time to play the Pre-Sequel. Just burned out.

I really meant more playing with friends - that's a blast in co-op, though I've met some really great gamers and team players that began as random joins on my games. The loot is also better with more people. Certainly there are those times though where I was more in the mood for solo exploration.

Back