Borderlands 2 Game Preorder (PC Digital Download) $37.50

Is it just me or does it look the same as BL1 (or even more cartoony)? I just can't imagine how much more this can bring to the table, especially if I never completed BL1 100%. Almost looks to me how Skyrim was the same game as Oblivion, but a little worse in this case. I'm just assuming here...

Also curious to see what other deals people find hot with "25% off labor day at GMG" (should have been the title to this thread lol ) :D

It is just you ;)

They kept the cell shading, thankfully, and departed from the brown hues and introduced a wider and more vibrant palette. Quite a lot of mechanics remain the same, because they worked real well. There are 4 new characters with new skills, new enemies with new mechanics, twice as large an area of Pandora to explore, Bad Ass Ranking system (infinite stat upgrades pr. user profile!), new story, AI´s in streets of Hub cities, new vehicles, 4 people vehicle seating, new elemental substance, custumizable skins and gear plus and Arena fighting that allows XP gains. But no, if you did not like Borderlands you probably wont like Borderlands 2.

Staying with thread topic, I bit on the GTX660Ti OC + BL2 deal instead.

FYI, no pre-order bonuses with video card and game combo, confirmed on official site.

it just went through fine with my Mastercard. I usually wait until games are dirt cheap but I got so many hours of entertainment out of the first one that 36 bucks is not bad.

I could not use Paypal either.

after 10 or so trys, the website took my debit card info.

Next morning my Bank Fraud department called to verify the charge.
Due to them being overseas (for me), it flagged my card and turned it off.

I will continue to buy from them if they are cheap enough

:)

When is the mechromancer DLC coming out?

The Mechromancer will be an all-new playable character that we plan to develop after work on Borderlands 2 is finished and the game is in certification. As with many new ideas, we don't yet know exactly how the Mechromancer will play or when she will be available, but our estimate is that she will be released within 60 to 90 days after the launch of Borderlands 2.

Around October 16, Premier Club gets it a day early and free.

FYI - Code still works as of today. I just used it to pick up a copy. Hopefully GMG is on the ball release day and gets those codes emailed out ASAP.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it came up at $36.00 for me when it rang up with the same code on OP.

FYI, no pre-order bonuses with video card and game combo, confirmed on official site.

Strange. Though I am in the EU.

My Borderlands 2 is ready but locked in Steam. It reads - pre-order. I got mine with a 660Ti.

OK, two things to keep in mind. One, the game IS Steamworks, thus all versions will activate on Steam when you get your key, like from GMG or get you physical Retail copy. Two, to get the pre-order bonuses you need a Premier Club code to become a member to get your pre-order bonuses, in the link I posted it states that Nvidia is NOT supplying those codes. Please use logic and all resources supplied in this thread by other members all the information I just gave is there.

Because I legitimately didn't know?
well if you just look at the link, it says Steam is required. I was also assuming that nearly anybody pre ordering this game had probably been following it enough to know that it was Steamworks. plus I am the type of person that will do a quick google search first so I get perplexed when people ask questions they would be able to answer on their own in a few seconds.

it is nothing personal though.

So for the premier club is there only certain resellers that offer it when you pre-order thru them? I didn't see any info to sign up for it when i pre-ordered thru GMG. Not a huge deal if so was just curious if anyone else who bit on the GMG club got any info about it.

So for the premier club is there only certain resellers that offer it when you pre-order thru them? I didn't see any info to sign up for it when i pre-ordered thru GMG. Not a huge deal if so was just curious if anyone else who bit on the GMG club got any info about it.
we wont get anything until the game is released.

GMG, did say we get pre-order stuff, question is when do we get our Premier Club keys.

From GMG Discription:
Description
Pre-purchase now for access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club:

Golden Key:
Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest.

Vault Hunter's relic:
Play solo or team up with friends and boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter's Relic.

Gearbox Gunpack:
A package of unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora!

New character class:
Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she's available.

Is it just me or does it look the same as BL1 (or even more cartoony)?

I care a lot more about the gameplay personally, and I loved the gameplay in BL1. I don't know how much BL2 will add in that department, but BL1 was so much fun for me that even if BL2 is mostly the same I'll be happy. It's one of the only single-player games that I've actually replayed in recent years.

If you didn't like BL1, you probably aren't going to like BL2 either.

Last edited:
Just picked one up. Thanks OP! Some trouble with my credit card, but it took on the second try.

Well, I tried to buy it. When I click checkout nothing happens. I've even tried different browsers.

Well, it worked eventually. Whatever. GMG says it comes out the 14th, but isn't it supposed to be the 18th? Pre-order perk?

Code still works. Thanks for the heads up, brother.

It looks like I still receive the pre-order bonus as well. I'm happy now. :)

where does it say the 14th? I am looking at the GMG site right now and it says the 18th.

It was the last page of checkout. It said available for download Sep. 14. I can't get back there now because I have already ordered it (it won't let you go through checkout again). It must just be an error on their part as I haven't found anything about release on the 14th.

It was the last page of checkout. It said available for download Sep. 14. I can't get back there now because I have already ordered it (it won't let you go through checkout again). It must just be an error on their part as I haven't found anything about release on the 14th.
well that is odd because I know mine said the 18th. also I just now used the code to get the season pass for $22.50 and it says this on the last page of checkout:

This game is not available for download yet.
It comes out on Sept. 18, 2012, 12:01 a.m..

Anyone get there Borderlands 2 key? Some folks on the Steam forum are reporting that they are getting their keys emailed to them starting at about 7pm PST(2 hours ago). I still haven't gotten an email here.

Back