• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Boot > Shutdown > Boot > Works

tuaarita

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
2,512
So I overclocked my E8400 to run at 3.6GHz, FSB 400 x 9, Exit & Save Changes, the computer shuts down for a few seconds, then boots up again and loads Windows normally.

This occurs every time I start my computer, first I thought it was the vcore voltage too low, so I upped it little by little to 1.375V, which seemed to help at first, but now the problem returned.


Are there additional options in BIOS I should Enable/Disable?
It's not a heat problem as in load the temperature never goes higher than 53C.

Specs in signature.
 
does it only do this when overclocked? Otherwise it could be switch bounce issue?

This only occures after chaning settings in the bios or every time your turn the PC on and off? Mine does this when I change something like FSB or sommetimes voltages in the bios.

Also there was a bug on the intel MB that caused this issue if I remember correctly. people would unplug their HD's the first time they try to boot it, then plug them in, then turn it on (its hard on your drives)
 
I had a similar problem when my memory voltage was too low.
 
@Justintoxicated, yes and every time.


What's a safe memory voltage for me then, I dont know the default and cant check now.



I guess it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't hurt the hardware.
 
Umm no, it's not normal haha, it's unusual but if it doesn't do any harm then it's OK.

Case closed(?).
 
Back
Top