For the sake of keep these condensed and easy to read i'll just do it in bullets.
-Windows was very slow so I installed Ubuntu.
-Ran Ubuntu for a few days, didn't meet my needs
-Resized partition and reinstalled windows 7
-Got Windows Set up, transferred 2 folders (~700gb each) from my 2 x 1 TB Hard Drives to a 2TB Hard drive (so I can reformat both 1 TB's)
-While transferring the files (14mb/s - 22mb/s speeds on both transfers) I walked away and then eventually went to sleep. When I got up the transfer were at the same point.
-I also tried to activate windows before I went to bed and that was stuck at 90% when I woke up.
-When I woke up, I restarted because simply logging off didn't fix it.
-PC Won't boot past the BIOS.
-Instead of the Splash screen it displays my computer information (as it recognizes it). The last piece it detects is my hard drives but it always gets stuck on checking for new hard drives
-I've had this problem in the past but usually after the 4th or 5th restart it boots fine. That is not the case now.
Any suggestions?
Could my motherboard be dying?
-Windows was very slow so I installed Ubuntu.
-Ran Ubuntu for a few days, didn't meet my needs
-Resized partition and reinstalled windows 7
-Got Windows Set up, transferred 2 folders (~700gb each) from my 2 x 1 TB Hard Drives to a 2TB Hard drive (so I can reformat both 1 TB's)
-While transferring the files (14mb/s - 22mb/s speeds on both transfers) I walked away and then eventually went to sleep. When I got up the transfer were at the same point.
-I also tried to activate windows before I went to bed and that was stuck at 90% when I woke up.
-When I woke up, I restarted because simply logging off didn't fix it.
-PC Won't boot past the BIOS.
-Instead of the Splash screen it displays my computer information (as it recognizes it). The last piece it detects is my hard drives but it always gets stuck on checking for new hard drives
-I've had this problem in the past but usually after the 4th or 5th restart it boots fine. That is not the case now.
Any suggestions?
Could my motherboard be dying?