• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bookshelf Speakers ~$150

450

Fully [H]
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
20,977
What bookshelf speakers should I pick up next?

I'm thinking about grabbing the Polk RTi4 for $150...

I was going to get a set of Paradigm Titan v.2's from craigslist but someone got there faster.
 
Yeah those are supposed to be real good for the $$.
 
Yeah I'm bidding on the BS21 at the moment on eBay. Hopefully I'll win them.

I'm having trouble finding the Behringer Truth speakers.
 
I love how they use "oversized magnets" as a marketing tool. If they really have strong magnets, meaning high BL, that would actually worsen bass response. Stronger magnets do much more for you at higher frequencies than at low bass frequencies.

Not that 4" speakers would be any good at bass, anyway, for the most part.
 
You would be selling yourself short if you did not at least go check these Insignia's out : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia&%23153%3B+-+6-1/2%22+Bass-Reflex+Bookshelf+Speakers+%28Pair%29/7705307.p?id=1138085354138&skuId=7705307&cmp=RMX&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7705307

Before anyone calls foul let me just say that I realize almost all insignia branded gear is crap. These are an exception. To my ears they sound great. The construction of the cabinets is surprising for the price.These wont be for everyone, but you should at the very least go check them out at your local bestbuy. Just do a google search for NS-B2111 and read what people say about them.
 
Thanks, but I've already owned the NS-B2111. Got a pair for $40 from cowboom.
 
I've decided to stick with my Altec Lansing 621's... Maybe I'll get some speakers later.
 
Back
Top