• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bolt Kit for Cogage True Cooler

RBremen

n00b
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
59
Just bought and installed the Cogage cooler. Not real happy with the pushpin mounting brackets that are supplied with it...there's way too much movement. For the short term I'll try and washer mod it but for the long term I'm looking for a bolt thru kit. Would the following at SVC work?

http://www.svc.com/btk-1366.html

Also is it necessary to match kits to the manufacturer of the cooler or could I use anyone's bolt thru kit (provided it's for a 1366 motherboard)?
 
Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, except one of my push pins won't stay down, and I figured the bolt through kit may be a cheaper and better option than an RMA and paying for shipping. Did the bolt through kit work on your Cogage True Spirit?
 
I just used the 1366 bracket that came with my darkknight for my son's computer, and cut off the push pins. It worked good, my temps went down a bit too, but the heatsink still moves when you touch it...Probably going to try the washer mod on it see if that tightens it down.

I love this cooler though, the small footprint allowed me to get an HR-05 on my NB and still keep the cooler in a horizontall orientation!
 
Phew, I'm not the only one with these issues then. Thats good.

I was starting to think I broke the darn thing it was so sloppy when sitting on the CPU.

I'm gonna try mine for a week or so and see how the temps work out. If they suck balls I'll buy the bolt through kit and put another 120mm fan on the damn thing.
 
push pins suck, get the 1366 bolt-thru kit to take advantage of new cooler otherwise just stick with stock.P
 
I haven't really even had a chance to test it yet, but its so damn sloppy on the chip I dunno if its even touching. It just makes me twitch at this point.

Temps are fine, but I haven't had the chance to put a heavy load on it to test it all, and I'm gimped on 1 fan till I can get some adapters in my hands, so I don't really wanna push it at this point.

But its doing 3.3 on my 920 without issue, no voltage bumps, just upped the blck, memory, and turned it back on. Its already faster than I know what to do with at this point ;)
 
That's how the original TRUE is too, they have a little wiggle to them.

Yet they still perform amazing even with the movement.

So I wouldn't worry about it, I do wish they had more secure mounting though, the Noctua I had before had some of the most secure mounting I've seen. A lot of screws, but it was solid in the end.
 
Ya both the HR-05 and the Spirit have way way more wiggle room then I like. My temps are fine, but actually my idle temps are higher than they were with the DarkKnight, at a lower overclock, but lower at a higher overclock...go figure...When I get some more time I am going to try and washer mod it...not sure how to make the HR-05 any tighter, it came with push-pin mount, so if anyone knows of a tip let me know lol...
 
I'm thinking about getting the Cogage True Spirit, but the push pin mounting worries me. Does the 1366 bolt kit stop the movement?
 
http://www.svc.com/btk-hr-05.html

Ya HR-05 wiggles insane amounts. I haven't had a problem with it though, but I'm thinking about trying this bolt thru for it.

Also wanting to try a Truespirit with AM2 bolt thru.

Thanks for that, I am going to get one. It's crazy how this thing works, even though it moves so much. My NB went from around 50c idle to 32c idle...and if you just look at the HR-05 wrong it moves lol.

I'm thinking about getting the Cogage True Spirit, but the push pin mounting worries me. Does the 1366 bolt kit stop the movement?

The Spirit is nice, I ripped the push pins off and used the bolt through that came with the DarkKnight for 1366, but the wiggle is still there, way more than I like, and I know it is affecting my temps. I am probably going to try and take it off tonight and do a washer mod to see if that helps it out. Can't really put the DarkKnight back on and use it, because the Spirit is 1366 only, and I need something on my AMD lol...
 
Back
Top